9/26 Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 1:10PM - final home game

37 minutes ago, fathom said:

Ramos seems to be hitting the ball hard. Hope he starts for them next year.

His numbers suck but every time I watch him hit he looks like he belongs in the Majors.

5 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Players stuck around and threw out t shirts to the fans. Vargas stayed extra long throwing out shirts and signing autographs after all the other position players left. Pretty cool. New Yoan. I hope he figures out how to play baseball. 

Doubt Yoan has ever done that since Boston…more like Caitlin Clark lol.

42 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

The frustrating thing is that while this team is awful the starting pitching was good enough to not have this be a record breaking year.  Grifol and Getz are awful and possibly the worst ever but there was enough talent to win 60

If this team had an even average bullpen they'd be about 10 games better. They blew so many games in the middle of the year that were winnable. There was a period of time where nobody in the bullpen could hold a lead.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

If this team had an even average bullpen they'd be about 10 games better. They blew so many games in the middle of the year that were winnable. There was a period of time where nobody in the bullpen could hold a lead.

10 is probably an understatement to be honest.  

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I was going by MLB gameday which said 5.02 after 6 but youre probably right because 1 out likely doesn't reduce it by .07 to the 4.95 it was after his 1 out in the 7th.

Mlb.com has it 3-15 4.95.

Not even close to Anthony Young.

31 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Would they bench Vargas for Ramos…or play Vargas at second instead?

Baldwin at second, maybe?  One of the three seems to be the odd man out unless they force Baldwin to SS where he would be pretty abysmal defensively as an everyday player?

But then where Sosa?

probably Baldwin to AAA but that infield defense will still be a total mess…albeit cheap as hell

This is a recipe for another Getz trade disaster.

50 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Would they bench Vargas for Ramos…or play Vargas at second instead?

Baldwin at second, maybe?  One of the three seems to be the odd man out unless they force Baldwin to SS where he would be pretty abysmal defensively as an everyday player?

But then where Sosa?

probably Baldwin to AAA but that infield defense will still be a total mess…albeit cheap as hell

Out of all those guys, Sosa has shown the most to me this year.  If we are giving playing to this group Sosa would be my starting 2B.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Doubt Yoan has ever done that since Boston…more like Caitlin Clark lol.

I saw him doing it during spring training which is why I mentioned it. He seems like a nice guy, knows he’s there to give the kids a show. Again, I prefer them to be good at baseball, but it was fun to see how excited kids get by….Miguel Vargas. 

• Like 1