9/26 Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 1:10PM - final home game

DoUEvenShift

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And here I was in the gamethread thinking it might have been to get his ERA below 5.

3 wins for Flexen today, a win in his win/loss record , his first ein since May 8th, the bonus money and getting the ERA under 5 !!!

Hey a feel good story!

So Flexen ended up earning $2.75 million on the season.  The goal was to get back something for him at the trade deadline but this sly fox ended up being the only one to make out.  He also likely earned himself another contract for a few million dollars next year.

14 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Flexen was signed to be the 5th starter on a bad team. Ends with a 4.95 ERA.  Have to say that he did his job.

Yep. Bring him back next year. They’ll need to cover innings. And don’t bring back Clevinger for the love of god.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Flexen will finish ahead of Berrios Stroman Rea Quintana Civale Canning with a 1.2ish fWAR.

One of the rare members of the team to be at 1.0 fWAR or higher.

Crochet 4.4 and Fedde 2.6 the other two...maybe someone miraculously in the pen.

Cannon 1.2 similar to Flexen. Tanner Banks at 0.9 led the pen.

Davis Martin 0.6.

Six others in pen finished 0.2-0.3.

Edited by caulfield12

DeJong 1.0 traded

Lopez 0.8 likely to be non tendered...or take a salary cut

Robert 0.5 ??? future uncertain

Moncada 0.3 buyout $29 million lit on fire

Remillard 0.3 murky at best

Pham 0.2 traded dfa'ed playoffs w KC yet again   3-4 years in a row for him

Pillar 0.2  traded to Angels where he overperformed

Baldwin 0.1 starting 2B or SS?  OF?

Colas 0.0 murky again...supposedly injured (knee) for most of the season, murky at best

1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Two Ws for Flex today.

That's so cool. You love to see it. He got a MAJOR standing ovation today. As he should, he's been a workhorse this year. I appreciate what he's done throughout a horrific season, and it was cool to see him go 6.1 scoreless. I was hoping to see Crochet for the last home game, but Flexen was actually nasty. Made a couple guys look foolish. I want to look at the replay though because I feel like the umpire was calling everything inside to RHB a strike, everything outside to a LHB a strike. I thought it might've been my vantage point, but then I started to see batters get disgusted by that specific call. Great way to end it for him. I was surprised they brought him out for the 7th, despite a strong performance. so it's neat to see this post and get a better understanding of why they might've done it. I think it's a cool thing to do, it ain't my money, but he also looked good enough to go out there for the 7th. more than anything, I was surprised when they pulled him after kind of a flub hit, but I was also pretty focused on the fight going on in my section. More on that in a moment.

I went to this game expecting it to be a madhouse of bitter, unemployed people, but the atmosphere was genuinely the nicest Sox game I've been to in years. Everyone was in a good mood. I think beer was cheaper than normal, yet the drunks were limited (besides me, but I just talk to myself). I sat behind the third base dugout for ten bucks. Some kid and his mom kept trying to get the wave going the entire game. It picked up some steam toward the end, but I don't think you could call it a legitimate wave. It spanned one, maybe one and a half sections.

Naturally, it's not a Sox game if someone isn't getting into a fight or getting shot (my past four ballgame experiences). Today, Bridgeport Bob got into it with Beverly Billy. Which was amusing. "You can't say that about my brother!!!" or something.

They looked exactly the same. Well, everyone involved on all sides looked the same. The entire crew of guys getting into it looked like they could be related or even clones. All ginger beards. All fat. All wearing St Paddys Day Sox jerseys. Unique looking dudes. Actually, one of the opposing belligerent's beards was turning grey. Maybe he was their uncle. What was particularly amusing to me was that fans were cheering for them being kicked out during the Flexen 7th inning mound visit, then it turned into an ovation for Flexen after being pulled.

Fun day to play hooky and I'm glad I went to at least one Sox game this year. I actually haven't seen them win in person since, truly, I think 2005.