9/26 Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 1:10PM - final home game

4 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Getz probably just wasn’t tracking it.  I bet he got berated by Jerry about how many more Campfire Shakes they will have to sell next year to make back that $250K.

Your dog whistles are starting to get pretty loud.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

We won again. Obviously after this final two week run, This team is the one we'll be hitting the field with next year. The question is ... does Sizemore (he should keep the job after this run) have a core group that will overachieve? Sox are red hot to close the season as we figured they'd be which means it'll be easy to basically stand pat for 2025. You better believe Stoney and Schiff and the ticket department will be playing up this final week of excellence.

• TLR 1

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

We won again. Obviously after this final two week run, This team is the one we'll be hitting the field with next year. The question is ... does Sizemore (he should keep the job after this run) have a core group that will overachieve? Sox are red hot to close the season as we figured they'd be which means it'll be easy to basically stand pat for 2025. You better believe Stoney and Schiff and the ticket department will be playing up this final week of excellence.

They will add a couple of hitters to the present lineup this off season. There will be  numerous players on this team that won't be back next year.

Detroit's starters will be worn down due to playing at such a high level for like a month straight, if I'm Sizemore I'm making sure they're gameplanning accordingly. their pitchers will likely be fatigued as well 

I would be shocked if the Sox win more than 1 game, but they just swept a team who, granted is awful, still won almost 30 more games than they have

Tell me if I'm wrong: On the opening day roster from this hot streak will be: For sure: Vargas, Sosa, Ramos, DeLoach, Lee and Robinson, Fletcher and Amaya. Plus Beni and maybe Vaughn/Sheets or one of the two. Pitchers will be the guys we've been seeing of late. Iriarte can't miss with Crochet (unless they trade him), Flexen, Varland and others like Drew.

I seriously can't see many changes.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

They will add a couple of hitters to the present lineup this off season. There will be  numerous players on this team that won't be back next year.

Nor should those stiffs and has-been's return. 

57 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Tell me if I'm wrong: On the opening day roster from this hot streak will be: For sure: Vargas, Sosa, Ramos, DeLoach, Lee and Robinson, Fletcher and Amaya. Plus Beni and maybe Vaughn/Sheets or one of the two. Pitchers will be the guys we've been seeing of late. Iriarte can't miss with Crochet (unless they trade him), Flexen, Varland and others like Drew.

Doubtful DeLoach Robinson Amaya…very doubtful.

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Doubtful DeLoach Robinson Amaya…very doubtful.

They come cheap and Sox can win over the casual fan by saying they were big during this hot streak to end 2024.

Edited by greg775

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

They come cheap and Sox can win over the casual fan by saying they were big during this hot streak to end 2024.

sure...but nobody will buy a thing unless they swept Detroit or at least 2/3

then they might keep Sizemore but they can't hype a team without Crochet and Robert that will lose 115-120 again

not unless Montgomery destroyed the AFL and they decided to start the season with him

and that's still going to mean season ticket sales leaning in the direction of 1.15 million from 1.35  maybe even 1.1

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

How so when they can't identify those players. 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

what is a casual fan?  I'm thinking these are the ones least for at least a decade.

9 hours ago, Green Line said:

Your dog whistles are starting to get pretty loud.

What’s a dog whistle about Jerry wanting to sell concessions more than field a good team?  That’s just true, the guy waits hours to call rain postponements to sell beer.  This is pathetic stop fanboying Jerry 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Nobody is getting fooled by a “hot streak” of three games. Unless there are a lot more Gregs out there that I’m unaware of, but I’m pretty sure you’re one of a kind.

17 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What’s a dog whistle about Jerry wanting to sell concessions more than field a good team?  That’s just true, the guy waits hours to call rain postponements to sell beer.  This is pathetic stop fanboying Jerry 

He’s suggesting it’s antisemitism. He’s upping his trolling to a new level.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Nobody is getting fooled by a “hot streak” of three games. Unless there are a lot more Gregs out there that I’m unaware of, but I’m pretty sure you’re one of a kind.

He’s suggesting it’s antisemitism. He’s upping his trolling to a new level.

Excuse me sir but I have put deposits down on the next 10 years of season tickets because of this streak 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

what is a casual fan?  I'm thinking these are the ones least for at least a decade.

Ones who claim to be unable to watch the team, have to ask routine questions that normal fans already know about the team, and know everything about the Cubs...  for example. 

13 hours ago, Falstaff said:

In the words of Les Grossman, " In the meantime and as usual Go F*** Yourself"

To the so-called fans cheering for a loss

If they are at the game I wouldn't call them "so-called fans". I have respect for anyone willing to pay their money and endure watching this mess in person. 

And aren't some of those boos directed at JR, Getz, and the rest of the non players responsible for a historic season? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

As of now my Opening day line up looks like this.....

C- Lee/Quero

1B- Vaughn/Sheets

2B- Sosa

SS- TBD

3B- Ramos

DH- vargas 

LF- Bennintendi

CF- Robert 

RF- TBD

Utility-  Baldwin, Fletcher

..........Depending on the pitching/bullpen/who we get for SS and RF we will lose over a 100 games with this lineup

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

As of now my Opening day line up looks like this.....

C- Lee/Quero

1B- Vaughn/Sheets

2B- Sosa

SS- TBD

3B- Ramos

DH- vargas 

LF- Bennintendi

CF- Robert 

RF- TBD

Utility-  Baldwin, Fletcher

..........Depending on the pitching/bullpen/who we get for SS and RF we will lose over a 100 games with this lineup

Baldwin can hold down SS until Montgomery is ready.