Crochet open to extension...

Lip Man 1

On 10/2/2024 at 8:33 PM, fathom said:

Settle for less cause they include Benintendi in a deal

How low do you think JR actually wants that payroll ?

I don't know what it's looking like now with 10D and Robert without Moncada and Eloy but combined Beni and Junior make around $32M . You non tender Vaughn ,Sheets and Lopez, there's around $12M gone

Soroka's a FA that's another $3M gone.Clevinger and Flexen are UFA. Everyone else isn't making squat . They have to field a team.If they trade Robert and nontender those I mentioned were looking at like $40M plus anyone they decide to sign for more than $1M.

While I wouldn't be shocked to see them ruin a Crochet trade by trying to include Beni,  I'm thinking it's right up there with Sox fan paranoia about  trading for Salvador Perez last off season. Nothing to worry about until it actually happens.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see Crochet pitch again for the Sox. It depends on what the trade offers look like for him. We'll  see how some of these playoff teams feel about getting beat and making some serious offers .

• Like 1

On 10/3/2024 at 4:44 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Attaching Benintendi to Crochet would be the single dumbest decision in baseball history and only this shitshow of an org would even consider something so idiotic.  If it happens, it should be very clear that Harold is Getz.

I dunno. Hiring Tony La Russa in 2021 would seem to be a dumber decision.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

How low do you think JR actually wants that payroll ?

I don't know what it's looking like now with 10D and Robert without Moncada and Eloy but combined Beni and Junior make around $32M . You non tender Vaughn ,Sheets and Lopez, there's around $12M gone

Soroka's a FA that's another $3M gone.Clevinger and Flexen are UFA. Everyone else isn't making squat . They have to field a team.If they trade Robert and nontender those I mentioned were looking at like $40M plus anyone they decide to sign for more than $1M.

While I wouldn't be shocked to see them ruin a Crochet trade by trying to include Beni,  I'm thinking it's right up there with Sox fan paranoia about  trading for Salvador Perez last off season. Nothing to worry about until it actually happens.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see Crochet pitch again for the Sox. It depends on what the trade offers look like for him. We'll  see how some of these playoff teams feel about getting beat and making some serious offers .

85-90

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Musgrove out all next year…welcome to San Diego, Garrett

Salas and DeVrieze are their last big trade assets...

PEREZ, VASQUEZ, BRITO, WALDRON, and some Pads' fans want to bring back Blake Snell on a much cheaper deal...he seemed happiest in SD fwiw.

Blake Snell's contract has a player opt-out option available after 2024. Moreover, he will be paid his signing bonus in January 2026. Additionally, $15 million of his 2025 salary has been deferred without interest to 2027. He is to be an unrestricted free agent in 2026.   

Think they would have to make a deal with SFG on the financials...maybe SD paying 5/$40 and SF eating the rest to move on.

Edited by caulfield12

19 hours ago, fathom said:

Musgrove out all next year…welcome to San Diego, Garrett

Any team that gets Crochet will be lucky to have him.

He's the type of player the Sox should try to extend. He's taken his career into his own hands and always looking for ways to be better. He realizes you never should stop looking for ways to improve.

When others were saying he should be shut down because his 2nd half stared off poorly he was quietly working on a sinker. He wants to be more efficient, throw less pitches, go deeper into games, give up less HRs, get a DP when it's needed.

He also loves the plan he and Getz and Bannister devised so much that he didn't want to alter it in any way. Getz might have been perturbed when Crochet said he wanted a contract extention to pitch in the off season but it actually was a testament to how much he liked how well his season had gone to that point .There was no way in hell he wanted to jeopardize his career for one post season. As soon as 2025  he likely gets a chance to pitch in the post season as a better version of himself than he was in 2024 and be well on his way to a 9 figure contract. One more year of proving he can stay healthy and pitch a complete season and he can get it. He could get it before then but he better make sure he gets some opt outs.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Salas and DeVrieze are their last big trade assets...

PEREZ, VASQUEZ, BRITO, WALDRON, and some Pads' fans want to bring back Blake Snell on a much cheaper deal...he seemed happiest in SD fwiw.

Blake Snell's contract has a player opt-out option available after 2024. Moreover, he will be paid his signing bonus in January 2026. Additionally, $15 million of his 2025 salary has been deferred without interest to 2027. He is to be an unrestricted free agent in 2026.   

Think they would have to make a deal with SFG on the financials...maybe SD paying 5/$40 and SF eating the rest to move on.

You have to wonder if the Padres ran out of prospects to trade.  But you can dupe Getz into making Birmingham better, I admire their aggressiveness trying to unseat the Dodgers. That seems like it is the only real rivalry in baseball.  No white flag trades there despite having a good season without Soto.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You have to get Salas and De Vries, and that’s probably not enough.

You’re expecting MLb.coms prospects number 19 and 28 to come back in a Chris Getz deal?

If you’d just like to copy and paste my scoffing at this from last year along with posts of how Morosi totally said it was going to happen it can probably save us some time