The Mystery of Luis Robert

2Deep

10 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Tribune writer Paul Sullivan said that this is the last year for Robert Jr on the White Sox. We shall see.

9 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Good for him. Honestly, I might just pick up whatever team he ends up with as my team next season. Best thing that can happen to him is getting traded.

I have no idea how you can trade the guy coming off a .657 OPS season.  Talk about selling low.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

This approach to hitting in the offseason is not going to get it going.

Plus the slappy foxy boxing is probably not enough for explosive movements. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=849011016183367

Dude got paid is will return to form just in time for his free agent year.  Then he will turn it on.  This is a tale as old as time.  

Yeah, but you should see Robert play Tee Ball these days.  I hear he can hit over .300.

• Haha 1

I get that the stats look bad for 2024, but I hesitate to apply the word "trend" to this given  the 100 game sample size, his 2023 year and career numbers, his injuries this season, and how historically awful this organization was this year. 

I personally think Luis will be ok. Maybe not the nintendo player everyone projected, but an .800+ OPS 4 WAR player.  

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I get that the stats look bad for 2024, but I hesitate to apply the word "trend" to this given  the 100 game sample size, his 2023 year and career numbers, his injuries this season, and how historically awful this organization was this year. 

I personally think Luis will be ok. Maybe not the nintendo player everyone projected, but an .800+ OPS 4 WAR player.  

The trend is actually that he gets hurt every single year.  2023 was the outlier.  You can count on it for next year too.

4 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

What would you do if you were Luis?

Hire a coach?  Are there pitching machines available that approximate real major league pitching  or those that help you identify curves, sliders, changeups,  strikes?  He could make millions more if he can figure it out.

Hire my own coaches and trainers and ignore everything the White Sox tell me.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2024 at 7:51 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

I have no idea how you can trade the guy coming off a .657 OPS season.  Talk about selling low.

we seen that already with Fedde and Kopech.

It's fearful thought of trading him.  I get it of there is a Trout or Judge in this organization.  They've had a hole in CF for a long time and will create it again. 

On 9/29/2024 at 7:51 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

It's easy actually.JR says I need the $15M Robert's getting in 2025 for something else. Trade him for what you can get for him .Get it done before opening day, just don't give them any money.

• Paper Bag 1

47 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Nice work moving the goalposts! I almost didn’t see it. 

I just look at trends.  He got hurt in the minors.  He was hurt in every year in the majors but 2023.  No doubt a full season rather than a third of a season he gets hurt.  There’s one aberration where he plays more than 100 games.  The numbers are what the numbers are.

23 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I just look at trends.  He got hurt in the minors.  He was hurt in every year in the majors but 2023.  No doubt a full season rather than a third of a season he gets hurt.  There’s one aberration where he plays more than 100 games.  The numbers are what the numbers are.

His minors injury record is a fair point. Maybe I’m too optimistic but I’m so sick of injuries.

24 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

For his pocket.

Sure that or to buy another parking lot around the UC to develop. The boss says trade him you trade him .

Teams lining up to low-ball the Sox just like at the trade deadline. Prospect hoarding , bad season, plus Jerry's desperate for cash = trash offers = either not trading him in the off-season or a trade no one will be happy with.

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sure that or to buy another parking lot around the UC to develop. The boss says trade him you trade him .

Teams lining up to low-ball the Sox just like at the trade deadline. Prospect hoarding , bad season, plus Jerry's desperate for cash = trash offers = either not trading him in the off-season or a trade no one will be happy with.

I expect the latter for sure. But at this point, don’t think I’d even be that mad moving on.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

3 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

From 2018-2020 Aaron Judge played 65% of his team’s games. For many, he had a reputation of never being able to stay healthy. From 2021-2024 he’s played 88% of the team’s games. I’m not comparing their talent, but there’s no way you can tell me that either was particularly predictable. Injuries can go a lot of different ways, even when a player gets hurt a lot in multiple years. 

• Like 1

At least Robert allegedly is good defensively. If you want to win 49-55 games next season you better keep Robert and Crochet. In theory Robert could have a decent year at the plate. Without Crochet the Sox start all unknowns once again. And the bullpen as it stands has a lot of bodies but is abysmal.

To Sox fans. If Sox trade Robert and Crochet do you see about 40-50 wins again? Maybe 35-45 wins?