The Mystery of Luis Robert

2Deep

Do we think Robert's decline is terminal like the way TA's batting dropped off a cliff or is there are real prospect that he can bounce back to his 2023 levels?

If there is any hope of him bouncing back then trading him this offseason with his value at an all time low would be foolish, and waiting till mid season 2025 to trade him would be sensible. On the other hand if the decline is a terminal one then getting any value for him this offseason would be sensible.

9 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Do we think Robert's decline is terminal like the way TA's batting dropped off a cliff or is there are real prospect that he can bounce back to his 2023 levels?

If there is any hope of him bouncing back then trading him this offseason with his value at an all time low would be foolish, and waiting till mid season 2025 to trade him would be sensible. On the other hand if the decline is a terminal one then getting any value for him this offseason would be sensible.

I think there is a hope that he can bounce back.

It requires either him to be much more healthy than this year or for him to change to a much smarter and more prepared approach at the plate.

I do not know if the White Sox can make either of these happen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

From 2018-2020 Aaron Judge played 65% of his team’s games. For many, he had a reputation of never being able to stay healthy. From 2021-2024 he’s played 88% of the team’s games. I’m not comparing their talent, but there’s no way you can tell me that either was particularly predictable. Injuries can go a lot of different ways, even when a player gets hurt a lot in multiple years. 

When Roberts does that two years in a row we can say it’s no longer an outlier.  Until then you can plan on him being injured just like you can plan on the sun rising.  He will be Byron Buxton until he proves otherwise.

Edited by FloydBannister1983

10 hours ago, Chimpton said:

I don't think there's a chance that he's traded unless the Sox are blown away.  this isn't Eloy or Vaughn where you know what you have, the only thing we know about Robert is that he may or may not go down with a season ending injury

I still think he can be fixed if the Sox accept him for who he is, a .260 to .270 hitter, with a .330ish OBP who could potentially go 40/40 if he's healthy 

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It was a great accidental look behind the curtain.

Yeah Getz was holding court before that game and told everyone that obviously Hagen will be spending some quiality time while he was there with Garrett Crochet. When they asked him about it in the booth, he never spoke to him. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah Getz was holding court before that game and told everyone that obviously Hagen will be spending some quiality time while he was there with Garrett Crochet. When they asked him about it in the booth, he never spoke to him. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

Teaching baseball the right way clearly means "by osmosis."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T R U said:

I especially liked when they had Hagen Smith in the booth and asked him what the plans were for the off-season program and he was like "Actually no one talked to me about that"

😐

There was no reason to give him an off season program at that time because it would be taught to him at Instructs which are going on right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

There was no reason to give him an off season program at that time because it would be taught to him at Instructs which are going on right now.

The alarming thing to me was the way he made it seem like he had no idea about anything in regards to plans. And its possible he did know and just gave a weird answer, but I would probably error on the side of the Sox being shitty communicators.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

The alarming thing to me was the way he made it seem like he had no idea about anything in regards to plans. And its possible he did know and just gave a weird answer, but I would probably error on the side of the Sox being shitty communicators.

And RIGHT after saying they had just talked about it.  That's the important part.