9/27 Sox @ Detroit 5:40PM

DoUEvenShift

25 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Ok, I’ll bite on that. Will you go away if they don’t lose 100 games in each of the next 3 seasons? I will if they do.

No. Why? Lol. I wouldn't want you to leave, either. This team being God awful will do enough for that.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So does Getz’s Sox set the all time record for futility tomorrow?!?

Do they further make the record harder to reach on Sunday?!?

Stay tuned!!!

batman-robin.gif

They will finish with an appropriate 123 losses. Which is fitting, considering that was the most common occurrence for their lineup this season. 

42 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He definitely made a smart career/life choice.  I’m sure he absolutely knows it now.

He has to live in Detroit. Chicago is a major market. I'm not certain it's that smart of a move. 

13 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

They will finish with an appropriate 123 losses. Which is fitting, considering that was the most common occurrence for their lineup this season. 

Detroits gonna be pretty hung over tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He definitely made a smart career/life choice.  I’m sure he absolutely knows it now.

I don't respond to people who call me a troll......s%*#, I just did.....DAMNIT 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Texsox said:

He has to live in Detroit. Chicago is a major market. I'm not certain it's that smart of a move. 

And I don't care what anyone says, Detroit style pizza ain't that great....it doesn't suck like St Louis style but it ain't that great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

And I don't care what anyone says, Detroit style pizza ain't that great....it doesn't suck like St Louis style but it ain't that great.

Imo's at least has decent toasted ravioli and Ted Drew's frozen custards...and then that cookie/brownie shop in the mall downtown, Galleria?

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Imo's at least has decent toasted ravioli and Ted Drew's frozen custards...and then that cookie/brownie shop in the mall downtown, Galleria?

You're making me hungry

I’m too lazy to back read but…it’s pretty awesome that AJ Hinch has successfully managed the Tigers into the playoffs less than 5 years removed from 114 losses.  Meanwhile the Sox will soon be on their 6th manager in the same timeframe.

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I’m too lazy to back read but…it’s pretty awesome that AJ Hinch has successfully managed the Tigers into the playoffs less than 5 years removed from 114 losses.  Meanwhile the Sox will soon be on their 6th manager in the same timeframe.

Not when they name Sizemore the manager for next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

#10 and ~#40 in 2025 and #1 and ~#40 in 2026. Keep building..

Fangraphs already has the Sox as the #2 farm in MLB right now and there are additional reinforcements coming via the draft and trades the next few years. We’ll see where they’re at in 3 years. Tigers won 95 games 3 years after their 119 loss season. Anything is possible!

The Tigers had a serious owner, serious front office, serious manager, and Justin Verlander.

The White Sox would have sawed off Verlander’s arm and beat him with it if he were in their organization.

Not a close comparison.

1 minute ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

The Tigers had a serious owner, serious front office, serious manager, and Justin Verlander.

The White Sox would have sawed off Verlander’s arm and beat him with it if he were in their organization.

Not a close comparison.

Don’t bother.  Dude is living in a wet dream.

3 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I just wish Grifol was here to be a part of it.  He deserves it as much as anyone.

I’ll preface this with the disclaimer that I believe Pedro is a completely incompetent MLB manager.  But…in his defense, with all of these media hit pieces coming out on the state of the team, could they have possibly chosen a worse personality fit to manage this team?  Nearly every description has Pedro as a hardcore MLB lifer that doesn’t care to deal with clubhouse politics and media drama.  Meanwhile this team is wracked by exactly that.  They legit chose one of the worst possible persons.  I almost legit feel bad for the guy.  It’s like hiring a divorce lawyer and on day 1 of the trial, they show up and realize it’s a murder 1 case.

• Like 1