9/27 Sox @ Detroit 5:40PM

DoUEvenShift

2 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

So it’s impossible for people to get enjoyment out of a baseball season if their team doesn’t reach the post season?

What a ridiculous take.

Agree. I'd take some past Sox seasons (63,64,65,72,77,90) for example in a heartbeat even though they didn't make the post season.

Those were damn good teams. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Agree. I'd take some past Sox seasons (63,64,65,72,77,90) for example in a heartbeat even though they didn't make the post season.

Those were damn good teams. 

Throw 1985 in there too.  Tom Seaver 300 wins, Carlton Fisk 37 Home Runs at his age (free of steroids).  Bob James and his burly beard.

10 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I’ll preface this with the disclaimer that I believe Pedro is a completely incompetent MLB manager.  But…in his defense, with all of these media hit pieces coming out on the state of the team, could they have possibly chosen a worse personality fit to manage this team?  Nearly every description has Pedro as a hardcore MLB lifer that doesn’t care to deal with clubhouse politics and media drama.  Meanwhile this team is wracked by exactly that.  They legit chose one of the worst possible persons.  I almost legit feel bad for the guy.  It’s like hiring a divorce lawyer and on day 1 of the trial, they show up and realize it’s a murder 1 case.

Yes, Tony LaRussa. 

• Like 2

Good loss in terms of possibly shutting up those who will claim the end of the season surge means the Sox will be good next year. Typical loss. Three hits on offense and blah pitching cept for Crochet. I wish they could stay at 39 wins but they'll win with the Tigers taking the foot off the pedal now.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes, Tony LaRussa. 

Nah.  Tony sucks but…a guy falling asleep in the dugout and shitting his pants is legit a better fit for this team than Pedro.  Honestly it’s pretty messed up that they threw Sizemore into this dumpster fire too.  I think it’s a near guarantee that he’ll flee for a spot in a different organization after peeking behind the curtain at the White Sox MLB operation.

1 minute ago, Rusty said:

Nah.  Tony sucks but…a guy falling asleep in the dugout and shitting his pants is legit a better fit for this team than Pedro.  Honestly it’s pretty messed up that they threw Sizemore into this dumpster fire too.  I think it’s a near guarantee that he’ll flee for a spot in a different organization after peeking behind the curtain at the White Sox MLB operation.

This debacle developed under Tony. He's the one who let all the terrible personalities fester. This started in 2021-2022 with Tony as manager. I have never figured out what happened during that 8 game losing streak in April 2022 when suddenly the entire infield forgot how to field, but all I have is "something off the field was on all their minds."

He had an opponent throw at his own damned DH for crying out loud.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This debacle developed under Tony. He's the one who let all the terrible personalities fester. This started in 2021-2022 with Tony as manager. I have never figured out what happened during that 8 game losing streak in April 2022 when suddenly the entire infield forgot how to field, but all I have is "something off the field was on all their minds."

He had an opponent throw at his own damned DH for crying out loud.

This ending the Yerminator special deli sandwich that lasted all of 4-6 weeks on a high.

25 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

The Tigers had a serious owner, serious front office, serious manager, and Justin Verlander.

The White Sox would have sawed off Verlander’s arm and beat him with it if he were in their organization.

Not a close comparison.

We don’t even know if Jerry will still be living in 3 years. A lot can change in 3 years.

19 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

So it’s impossible for people to get enjoyment out of a baseball season if their team doesn’t reach the post season?

What a ridiculous take.

Did you get “enjoyment” out of the 2022 season? Because I found that 81 loss season far less “enjoyable” than this season even.

I wonder if Twins and Mariners fans enjoyed this season?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Did you get “enjoyment” out of the 2022 season? Because I found that 81 loss season far less “enjoyable” than this season even.

I wonder if Twins and Mariners fans enjoyed this season?

Braves or Mets if they don't make it?

14 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Not when they offer him the position for next year. 😆

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think they also had it in 1970 or 1971. They took a kid named Danny Goodwin, a catcher if I remember right.

So one hall of famer and one bust. Sounds about right. I’ll happily take my chance with 50% odds of landing a hall of famer in 2026 with the first pick :)

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

So one hall of famer and one bust. Sounds about right. I’ll happily take my chance with 50% odds of landing a hall of famer in 2026 with the first pick :)

Yeah, this was a weird argument to make against the benefits of the #1 pick.

Especially cause Danny Goodwin didn't sign with them (Sox low-balled him). He went #1 overall 3 years later to the Angels.

The list of #1s who didn't sign: Goodwin, Tim Belcher and Brady Aiken. Not great.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Yeah, this was a weird argument to make against the benefits of the #1 pick.

Especially cause Danny Goodwin didn't sign with them (Sox low-balled him). He went #1 overall 3 years later to the Angels.

The list of #1s who didn't sign: Goodwin, Tim Belcher and Brady Aiken. Not great.

Sort of a minefield as well since 2000 for No. 1 picks. 

You’ve got guys like Bryce, Mauer, Adley, Cole, but you’ve also got Bryan Billington, Tim Beckham, Mark Appel and Luke Hochevar. 

23 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

We don’t even know if Jerry will still be living in 3 years. A lot can change in 3 years.

3 years?  So we only have to wait until a new owner takes over and wait for another rebuild that will be at least 3 more years?

YESSSSSSS!!!

Sheets drinking the Kool-Aid
“Winning three in a row, maybe we could do something special and ride it out and win six in a row and you start to believe in that and think maybe it's not going to happen,” first baseman Gavin Sheets said. “And all of a sudden on the last out, you realize you’re part of the wrong side of history. It was a little more frustrating and it hurt a little bit more than I expected.”

“No real emotions,” Crochet said. “We put ourselves in this position early on. We had a bad April. We just never dug ourselves out of that hole. We are where we are because of the way we played. But that’s just all it is.”

Crochet’s first season as a starter closed out with four scoreless innings, six strikeouts and one walk. After throwing 73 innings combined over parts of three seasons as a reliever, Crochet fanned 209 against 33 walks over 146 innings. He concluded with a 6-12 record and a 3.58 ERA, looking as strong as he has all season over his last two starts against the Tigers and Padres.

Merkin mlb.com