Getz asks for "patience"...

Lip Man 1

5 hours ago, GreatScott82 said:

Reinsdorf isn’t selling. And now everyone in the baseball world knows that he has his hands in on every department of the organization. So how is one supposed to do their job correctly when their boss is always overlooking their shoulder and adding archaic influence?  
Not only is Jerry a major problem, but Getz is super under qualified for this mammoth task of fixing the most dysfunctional team in the MLB. The funny thing is, he was actually apart of the dysfunction and got promoted from within. To me, that’s where the problem lies.
As a homeowner, I wouldn’t hire a contractor assistant to fix my house when he was apart of the company that messed up my wiring, plumbing and HVAC system. Seems pretty illogical. 
Regardless of his qualification status, we all know that even if he can do the job, his hands would be tied by his narcissistic, lazy-buffoon of a boss that seemingly can’t get out of his own way. 
On a positive note, the hire of bannister and the pitching lab is top notch. I was pleasantly surprised with the young starting pitching this year.
Now, can Getz somehow make a respectable hitting lab and hire the best, advanced hitting coaches and instructors to maximize potential at every level of this organization? I’m doubtful. 
Can they revamp the analytical side and hire 30-40 new data engineers to try and give the coaches at every level of the organization an edge? I’m doubtful. 
Until then, it doesn’t matter who they hire as manager, or even who they sign for cheap in free agency. It’ll be the same old archaic Jerry reinsdorf-led white sox. 

Even if they are able to put together the hitting "lab" as you say, they don't have the horses to run the race. They are awful at development of hitters, but also of identifying hitters, investing in FA or draft for hitters, investing in find hitting all over the world.

If this team was at least run like KC, that would be a huge upgrade. Even they realized they had some work to do. Sox knew they weren't getting a top 10 pick this year, so what do they do knowing that? They draft another lefty pitcher when they knew they have to invest in hitting desperately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Even if they are able to put together the hitting "lab" as you say, they don't have the horses to run the race. They are awful at development of hitters, but also of identifying hitters, investing in FA or draft for hitters, investing in find hitting all over the world.

If this team was at least run like KC, that would be a huge upgrade. Even they realized they had some work to do. Sox knew they weren't getting a top 10 pick this year, so what do they do knowing that? They draft another lefty pitcher when they knew they have to invest in hitting desperately.

If there was a guy out there that made bad hitters good hitters, he wouldn't be available to the White Sox.  It just amazes me how, since Hriniak left, the organization as a whole, despite seeing how their best performers operated, haven't emphasized working counts. You look at the better hitter from the JR era, they almost all took their

walks. And weren't constantly down in the count. It's pretty simple. Make the pitcher throw you strikes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:

Do you think what coaches/athletes/front office people say to the media is exactly what they are saying behind closed doors? Grady Sizemore wants a job. What does saying "I don't deserve a future having a job" do for him? 

It shows that he can be honest and accurately assess.  Sure they all want jobs but so do a lot of other guys.  These guys had their chance and failed in EVERY way.  Most of them do not deserve another.  Say something that 1. Shows you understand the negative impact and damage your team has caused to sport in general 2. Doesn’t assume you’ll be given another opportunity 3. eludes to the future having success without saying that the keys to that success are the very same group of people who have lost 121 games.  Hiring people will see the BS and disqualify for his brainless response.  

Maybe: “we all need to take a deep look in the mirror to decide if we have what it takes to cut it in MLB.   Simply put, this year we did not show why any of us would deserve another job with another MLB team.  We all want something better than what we created and will try to take the off-season and assess these difficult decisions.”

30 minutes ago, fathom said:

Get your barf bag ready. It’s going to be a horrible offseason.

My biggest two fears are they force Benintendi into a Crochet trade (given how much Harold has yearned for such an outcome) or they sell Robert for 25 cents on the dollar.  Otherwise, I don’t expect much action.  No doubt they will add a handful of cheap veterans similar to this past off-season, but it’s clear they are going with a legit youth movement in Y25 for better or worse.

• Paper Bag 1

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My biggest two fears are they force Benintendi into a Crochet trade (given how much Harold has yearned for such an outcome) or they sell Robert for 25 cents on the dollar.  Otherwise, I don’t expect much action.  No doubt they will add a handful of cheap veterans similar to this past off-season, but it’s clear they are going with a legit youth movement in Y25 for better or worse.

And the report from a Boston guy at the trade deadline.

At least next year when we want losses it’s for draft pick status.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

lol asking for patience. f*** you Chris. Were in the spot because JR couldn’t be patient and we couldn’t “waste a year”. 

The time to ease the fan base was before the season and when you were hired. Be upfront and ask for patience as we rebuild this team. Instead we got fed a bunch of garbage and it’s not until the team is historically bad these clowns are like “well golly guys it’s not gonna happen overnight can you be patient please”

bro f*** off

• Fire 1

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think I'd trade Robert for whatever I can get at this point, because I think he has been figured out and isn't the same player.  Moncada was once good, injuries destroyed his career. Robert is going that way. I think it is very possible if they hang on to him they end up declining his option next winter. 

4 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I think I'd trade Robert for whatever I can get at this point, because I think he has been figured out and isn't the same player.  Moncada was once good, injuries destroyed his career. Robert is going that way. I think it is very possible if they hang on to him they end up declining his option next winter. 

I wouldn't. The thing is Robert, is going to need coaching from outside this organization. He's not just suddenly a bad player. He's a guy who isn't being coached.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

I wouldn't. The thing is Robert, is going to need coaching from outside this organization. He's not just suddenly a bad player. He's a guy who isn't being coached.

That's what we thought about Moncada too. 

He is basically what Keith Law scouted now and why he wasn't high on him. 

Just like Moncada, the injuries have sapped his power. 

At least Moncada got on base when he wasn't hitting. 

I disagree, I think Robert is now suddenly a bad player. 

Like @fathom said, he doesn't impact the ball anymore. 

He is worth 0.6 fWAR this year and isn't even a plus defender anymore. 

If someone wants to give you something worthwile, bye. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • TLR 1

11 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

I think Moncada, Eloy,,,they are what they are, vut for some reason I think you put Robert on a good team, he can still be a star.