Getz asks for "patience"...

Lip Man 1

27 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

If Robert could be parked in the 6-slot of a good lineup, he could rework his approach and rebuild his confidence. That can't happen here during his contract period. He will be the man for the next 2 years, here, and he'll feel compelled to "produce". 

Sometimes other quality players compliment other players in the lineup.  You can one stud hitter and all a pitcher has to do is put them on base.

3 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Obviously trading Crochet is gonna suck but if he can get rid of the rest of the dead weight (Moncada, Benintendi, Robert, Sheets) it could be a very good off season.  

Only to get more dead weight.  See Vargas. 

Your most valuable trade piece was Fedde and look what they got. 

Trading good to get better down the road is a myth for this organization.  They can't identify and develop talent so what makes you think they can to do with other team's prospects.  Then you have to look how much a good prospect will unlearn when they get in the Sox farm system.   The Sox are decent with pitching prospects but those guys only work 5 days a week.

I think most teams are stingy with their prospects.  You look at all of the injuries in baseball and you need to bring up a not ready yet player who hopefully wont make things worse.

I'm not sure how one would call a good offseason unless you are into #MakeBirminghamBetter

I think they will have another chance to break their own record.

Sizemore is the perfect guy because he is happy to work in baseball.

I’m not going to hold Getz accountable for what Jerry said. It’s clear and it’s been clear for a while that somehow Getz was able to sell Jerry his vision of a complete tear down, rebuild and overhaul of the org. This is not the same as 2016. I do wonder what the reception around the Sox would be if Getz came out and said from his initial press conference that this is a rebuild, I think it’s slightly better 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

If there was a guy out there that made bad hitters good hitters, he wouldn't be available to the White Sox.  It just amazes me how, since Hriniak left, the organization as a whole, despite seeing how their best performers operated, haven't emphasized working counts. You look at the better hitter from the JR era, they almost all took their

walks. And weren't constantly down in the count. It's pretty simple. Make the pitcher throw you strikes.

Unfortunately those people don't last forever.

TLR's success was also he brought certain coaches with him.

Katz is well liked because he is int analytics, but isn't basically every pitching coach like that?  Do you trust him with the upcoming arms.   The funniest thing I heard was getting Fedde's pitching coach from Korea.

Another one was put an ad in the paper Wanted the best hitting coach.

Does a fan have that kind of patience?  Maybe 5 years?  They could be like the Royals and have 2 years of success surrounded by s%*#.

Rebuilds don't always work compared to retooling. Short success vs. sustained success.  Imagine if Getz were in charge of these other small market teams, what players would be traded.  That's a fearful thing.

4 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Does a fan have that kind of patience?  Maybe 5 years?  They could be like the Royals and have 2 years of success surrounded by s%*#.

Rebuilds don't always work compared to retooling. Short success vs. sustained success.  Imagine if Getz were in charge of these other small market teams, what players would be traded.  That's a fearful thing.

This thing all feels dead. There's going to be bad while simultaneously wanting a new stadium. That spells trouble to me.

• Like 1