What sort of gift is expected when you hand the rest of your division the playoffs?

bmags

We can’t get the #1 pick, but what might we expect from the tigers, royals and Guardians (and frankly even the twins) for gifting them 12 wins and boosting their playoffs?

Cash seems too informal.

Thank you cards too light.

Ah, I know. I believe we should receive their competitive balance picks.

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

We can’t get the #1 pick, but what might we expect from the tigers, royals and Guardians (and frankly even the twins) for gifting them 12 wins and boosting their playoffs?

Cash seems too informal.

"I don't  mind informal"

jerry.jpg

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Cash seems too informal.

0eb24b53-f36d-4eef-974e-51492da583ed_text.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jerry & Getz should be embarrassed beyond belief for pretending they could maybe compete this year in what they deemed a crap AL Central after they set the all time loss record while three opponents made the playoffs.

And Jerry is sitting there saying we can’t trade Fedde to the Twins because “he doesn’t want to help anyone in our division.” Look at their records against the Sox lol

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jerry & Getz should be embarrassed beyond belief for pretending they could maybe compete this year in what they deemed a crap AL Central after they set the all time loss record while three opponents made the playoffs.

Most years a division will have a bad team in last who the rest of the division feeds off of. But this was absurd. This offseason has to be different, or we Sox fans will show little patience. We've been patient enough already. Give us a team that can at least lose 90.

7 minutes ago, Highland said:

Most years a division will have a bad team in last who the rest of the division feeds off of. But this was absurd. This offseason has to be different, or we Sox fans will show little patience. We've been patient enough already. Give us a team that can at least lose 90.

That's a 30 game improvement. If Steve Cohen cloned himself and the clone bought the Sox, you couldn't spend enough to win 72 games. The Sox have 0 decent position players. It is gonna be a long slow climb to mediocrity.

3 hours ago, Highland said:

I guarantee you the 2025 team can lose 90 games.

Oh, that’s not what you meant…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That just adds to my frustration. It's one thing to know the team was going to be bad. It's another to have them be this bad. It's even worse that they didn't know the team was going to be bad and they promised a "quick turnaround"

23 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

And Jerry is sitting there saying we can’t trade Fedde to the Twins because “he doesn’t want to help anyone in our division.” Look at their records against the Sox lol

The Twins were 12-1 against the Sox too. Detroit is 10-2. The Sox come into the last game of the season with 9 wins vs, the ALC. it’s beyond absurd. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2024 at 8:43 AM, bmags said:

Cash seems too informal.

Remember, they didn’t want to trade with the Twins to “help the division.” Which is exactly what they did anyway lol