Sox @ Tigers Delayed Start on now, Game 2, Avoiding 162?, Burke

caulfield12

Burke really staking a rotation spot for next year, 5 k’s through 3, walks too, but looks like a Cannon 3/4 type potential if he can harness his potential.

Ramos homered, #3.

No Robert again.

Like his repertoire so far.

Edited by caulfield12

• caulfield12 changed the title to Sox @ Tigers Delayed Start on now, Game 2, Avoiding 162?, Burke

Yeah, 49 strikes, 35 balls…a bit wild but 6 k’s and made it through 5 unscored upon.

Probably gets to start the sixth, but they might want to leave it there into the offseasom.

Just stranded doubled at second with two outs.

Crazy low sub 1.50 ERA on the stat sheet for a 120+ win team.

Jackson Jobe has also pitched well…but this Sox lineup, sheesh.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Soroka on for Burke, 2-0 lead, Vaughn drove in Benintendi.

Andrew barely climbing to the only plus 700 on team currently, ops now at 703.

Schriffen said without Benintendis leadership this season  could have really unraveled.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Never in a billion years would have put Benintendi down for 20 homers and right there with Vaughn and over Robert.

Trade trade trade...just not on the back of Crochet.

Ha! Ha! There's another Vargas out there waiting.

No harm in keeping him as opposed the harm they get for him.

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Soroka has been a different guy out of the pen. I would not be opposed to bringing him back. I wonder what the price is gonna be and if he's gonna try for one more shot as a starter.

This is a reminder for me to watch the Braves tonight since Lopez is pitching.

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Win tomorrow and we will have a better record percentage wise than the 1962 Mets. .253 for the Sox, .250 for the Mets, regardless both teams have the 1916 Philadelphia A’s beat who were 36-117 for a .235 winning percentage.

LOSE LOSE LOSE!!!

Jerry needs this.

49 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Win tomorrow and we will have a better record percentage wise than the 1962 Mets. .253 for the Sox, .250 for the Mets, regardless both teams have the 1916 Philadelphia A’s beat who were 36-117 for a .235 winning percentage.

Are the Mets 40-120 or 40-120-1?

Seen it listed both ways.

By the way have yourself a season Jose Ramirez...the quietest 40/40 of he manages it.  39 homers.  Carries that offense.

Edited by caulfield12

57 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

By the way have yourself a season Jose Ramirez...the quietest 40/40 of he manages it.  39 homers.  Carries that offense.

I’ve never seen the Mets record as 120-40 -1, I was around but I’ assumed they had 2 rainouts that were never made up.

EDIT Just checked with Baseball Reference, they had a game in September with the Astros end in 7-7 tie, game conditions were dry so maybe there was a curfew or a power outage. They also only played 17 games against the Cardinals so the 18th game had to be a rainout that wasn’t made up. They also have the Mets record at 40-120-1.

Records are records and when they happened or what era it was really doesn’t matter. That being said some say the modern era was when the American League was formed and along with it came the World Series, others say the modern era started with end of the dead ball with Babe Ruth changing  the game hitting home runs like no one had ever seen before.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Gus Varland looks like a potential DFA this winter. I mean, half their bullpen looks like that. I wonder who they keep.

he's fucking awful, DFA everyone in the bullpen. Shuster, Anderson, Berroa, DLS, Varland, Ellard, all trash

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

40-120-1

Sept 9th, 1962, they tied the Houston Colts 7-7, 8 inning game.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=196209090HO1

Edited by joejoesox