All share the blame...

Lip Man 1

DVS of the Sun-Times with the story. Some interesting parts of it;

‘‘I’m OK with it,’’ Nicky Lopez said. ‘‘It is what it is. Your career is going to go on, whether it’s here next year or somewhere else. The thing about this sport is it takes 26-plus people; it’s not one person.’’

Rest assured, Lopez isn’t accepting defeat and isn’t OK with losing 121 games. Responsibility for this disaster of a season reaches well above the players’ level. Every Sox player, coach and member of the front office and ownership shares in the infamy. Lopez simply accepts the reality, knowing it was a team loss."

‘‘The way the White Sox lost was too drastic, they were a solid contender, but they gave away the farm and were getting blown out. The [general manager] should be fired.’’ --1962 Mets pitcher Craig Anderson.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/09/28/it-is-what-it-is-is-common-take-from-white-sox-on-record-for-losses-whatever-it-was-it-wasnt-good

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Just what potential teams want to hear from a free agent. Your team just set the record for most losses ever and "I'm OK with it."

Some players are just losers.

This is what kind of blows my mind.  We seem to keep getting puff pieces about how the locker room is still cohesive and the players/staff are grinding through it.  All I hear is that the clubhouse is almost completely apathetic.  They have built a culture in which a bunch of professional athletes and coaches literally don’t care about being the biggest losers in MLB history.  Even for this pathetic franchise, it’s stunning.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

This is what kind of blows my mind.  We seem to keep getting puff pieces about how the locker room is still cohesive and the players/staff are grinding through it.  All I hear is that the clubhouse is almost completely apathetic.  They have built a culture in which a bunch of professional athletes and coaches literally don’t care about being the biggest losers in MLB history.  Even for this pathetic franchise, it’s stunning.  

If they play hard for Grady, it feels roughly the same, unless they're talking about Benintendi or Sosa.

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

I think everybody's looking for a Todd Stottlemyre reaction, unable to speak 3 words without an expletive, and reasoning that "this is how I eat!!"

Most of the reactions, here, are probably a reporter asking a player, personally, "Hey, how you doing with all of this?", and the player gives an honest, personal answer. 

Any musing that the players need an on-field brawl to get angry about is smothered in scolding. But everyone wants players to not be able to sleep, or even function, they feel so ashamed. Part of being a pro is being able to compartmentalize their emotions. This is what that looks like. 

If you asked me about being the worst team in the history of the sport, "I am OK with it." wouldn't be an option even if i was drugged out of my mind. Every single player in that clubhouse should be pissed off about it. It's never acceptable to be OK with losing, especially losing that much. 

The scene from Moneyball comes to my mind immediately.

"That's what losing sounds like."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

If you asked me about being the worst team in the history of the sport, "I am OK with it." wouldn't be an option even if i was drugged out of my mind. Every single player in that clubhouse should be pissed off about it. It's never acceptable to be OK with losing, especially losing that much. 

This.  You are literally the worst MLB team of all time.  In the world of competitive baseball where the entire point of your organization is to win games, you have managed to lose the most in history.  Saying things like “I’m okay with it.” “I like the pieces that we have.”  “There were bright spots.”  Thats a loser mentality and is fucking disgusting.  You are the worst team in the history of the league.  That is pathetic.  Can you imagine being the worst performer in history at your given job?  Imagine being the worst teacher of all time, then when your kids get the lowest standardized test scores in the history of elementary education you try to tell your boss, “there are reasons for optimism about our future.”  Imagine being the worst lawyer of all time, losing a massive suit then telling the partners, the “overall health of our organization is improving.” Imagine being a CPA and a client gets massively screwed on an audit and telling them next year you will “be better.”  It’s fucking disgusting.  Especially for a 2 billion dollar organization.  There would be more accountability for your neighborhood garbage man if they accidentally skipped your house on trash day.  Instead this vile franchise turns out the worst product in league history and essentially says…just trust us, we’ll be better next time.  f*** you Jerry, f*** you Tony, f*** you Chris, f*** anyone that wants to carry water for this piece of s%*# team.

Edited by Rusty

Nicky is okay with it because Getz paid him $4.3 million dollars to suck this season, even thought he’s a garbage player pretty much every year that deserves the minimum.

There it is.