Schriffen speaks...

Lip Man 1

Smart guy to get off social media. First of all you can't tell if what's on there is true or fake news or a doctored photo or video. It's only going to get worse with AI. Nobody should use social media. It frankly is disgusting.

Sox can do better than Schiff but whatever. A 40 win team doesn't deserve a great announcer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

Smart guy to get off social media. First of all you can't tell if what's on there is true or fake news or a doctored photo or video. It's only going to get worse with AI. Nobody should use social media. It frankly is disgusting.

Sox can do better than Schiff but whatever. A 40 win team doesn't deserve a great announcer.

So what sources do you trust?

• Like 1

“I’ve gone to most of the tailgates this season, the big ones put together by the fans,” Schriffen said. “The last one of the season, I was out there and it was an awesome turnout. We are talking hundreds of people and a fan came up to me and said, ‘Early on, I may not have been your biggest fan, and actually one of your biggest critics. But you’ve really come around, and I’ve come around on you just because the way you stuck it out.’

😂😂. I’m sure this fan very much exists 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Tough season for Schriffen but as the season went on I think he improved, the guy is no dummy and will figure things out and will wind up being a more than adequate play by play guy. 

Schriffen is no dummy, but I doubt that he will figure things out. I didn't see any improvement. I finally stopped watching. It was the combination of a bad team and its play-by-play guy insulting our intelligence by trying to sell an awful club. He also needs to learn more about White Sox history because he knows nothing about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I think he needs to calm down the chesiness. I think he sounded a little too excited at times, like oh my I'm in the big leagues yeahhhh. People love benetti but I thought his schtick was getting old too. Maybe he's toned it down with the tigers cause he's probably asked for more professionalism and less goofy.

21 minutes ago, Highland said:

Schriffen is no dummy, but I doubt that he will figure things out. I didn't see any improvement. I finally stopped watching. It was the combination of a bad team and its play-by-play guy insulting our intelligence by trying to sell an awful club. He also needs to learn more about White Sox history because he knows nothing about it.

I watch but half watch. Announcers  either way really have never bothered me. I loved Harry and Hawk. The others the Sox have had were fine. But Schriffen makes my blood boil. And I think it’s the fake rosy outlook he gives everything and his lack of knowledge about the game. He declared the bullpen fixed for 2025. Really? He said just yesterday Benetendis leadership kept the season from becoming unglued. They set a record. Give the listeners more credit. Besides, most know say more about the team than he does. He lives in fantasyland and anyone that gives him the time of day in the clubhouse can do no wrong on the field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Saying you shouldn’t use social media because there are people who post bad content is like saying people shouldn’t use paper because paper has been used to print bad material. If forms of communication were eliminated because people used them to broadcast lies, there would be literally none left

• TLR 2

18 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Love Schriffen. He's got more memorable calls in the worst year ever than Benetti did in 8 years here. The only position the sox were able to upgrade.

Just wait until he has where left field and right field are located down, figures out where to look for the score and the outs, and has enough experience to determine who the opponent is. OK John Schriffen. We see you. Let’s go! South side, staaaaaand up!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Just wait until he has where left field and right field are located down, figures out where to look for the score and the outs, and has enough experience to determine who the opponent is. OK John Schriffen. We see you. Let’s go! South side, staaaaaand up!

I'm not sure what these are references to, but okay. Anyways, he had a much better first year than Benetti who would ask 100 questions an inning. So I think there's still much room for improvement like Jason did, but at least he has some energy to him. Much better start.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I'm not sure what these are references to, but okay. Anyways, he had a much better first year than Benetti who would ask 100 questions an inning. So I think there's still much room for improvement like Jason did, but at least he has some energy to him. Much better start.

He has called left field right field and vice versa. Multiple times he has gotten so excited the Sox actually scored a run, he thought they tied or took the lead when they had not. Has screwed up the outs several times, and even called the Padres the Dodgers last week.

I don’t hold it against you for liking his broadcast. Everyone has different tastes. I just see a guy trying to sell bullshit. I get, they only gave him bullshit to sell. Still, respect the audience a little bit. I’ve stated, I actually like South side stand up, if used properly. But he used it like a bat flip after a homer to make the score 10-2 with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Love Schriffen. He's got more memorable calls in the worst year ever than Benetti did in 8 years here. The only position the sox were able to upgrade.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion even when they’re wrong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Do people get credit for doing a job under duress while they are responsible for their duress?

You watch 162 2024 Chicago White Sox games from start to finish and get back to me with your duress :)

Edited by Falstaff
  • Haha 2