Schriffen speaks...

Lip Man 1

2 hours ago, ewokpelts said:

Beckham is hot garbage. 

Beckham was improving...but seems to have regressed once his best friend became the GM...just seems he has trouble telling it like it is...that this team put together by his best friend sucked!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Beckham was improving...but seems to have regressed once his best friend became the GM...just seems he has trouble telling it like it is...that this team put together by his best friend sucked!

Kinda tired of Sox has beens who remind us of below mediocrity are brown nosing to get some place in the organization. 

15 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I think he’s pretty bad at his job.  This ain’t SlamBall.

However, I’ll give him props for going to tailgates and interacting with the fans.

Maybe he'll get better with experience.  I don't think there's a course out there for any announcer to deal with a shitty team.  I'd prefer a Bob U. in Major League.

8 hours ago, Texsox said:

So what sources do you trust?

I don't want to get political here so I better pass on commenting. Thing about Twitter/X is there's a lot of flat out lying on there. I'm 100 percent for letting people say whatever they want HOWEVER it is divisive and annoying to have to pursue many avenues to see if a Twitter post is true or flat out made up b.s. If you are not logged into Twitter/X you don't have to worry about it, don't have to do your own fact checking.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I don't want to get political here so I better pass on commenting. Thing about Twitter/X is there's a lot of flat out lying on there. I'm 100 percent for letting people say whatever they want HOWEVER it is divisive and annoying to have to pursue many avenues to see if a Twitter post is true or flat out made up b.s. If you are not logged into Twitter/X you don't have to worry about it, don't have to do your own fact checking.

Luckily no one on Soxtalk is lying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

I just believe that everyone on the internet is lying.

Which means I think Greg is lying.

Which must mean that there's NOT a lot of lying on Twitter.

Which goes against my original belief that everyone is lying. 

Now I'm confused... 😵

We all know that the media, especially sports media, is all liars.

On 9/30/2024 at 4:00 AM, greg775 said:

https://apnews.com/article/cbs-debate-vice-president-fact-check-7a3b31c98ab092dd44915df57a359d10

Surely this will go down as a complete success…what could possibly go wrong?

On 10/1/2024 at 7:36 AM, GREEDY said:

For the foreseeable future, the Sox need a vanilla announcer to just calmly call the game, let it breath and let Stone talk. 

Schriffen is the exact opposite.  

They should find a prisoner on death row and give him the option of being a Sox announcer.

40 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Schriffen was between a rock and a hard place, first year on the Job and doing play by play for one of the worst teams of all time, you can’t put lipstick on a pig which he tried to do on many occasions.

To me it just got to be a pig covered in lipstick.  The Pham fight was incredibly embarrassing 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

To me it just got to be a pig covered in lipstick.  The Pham fight was incredibly embarrassing 

That was the one game I attended this year, so I missed it live. It was right at the beginning of June. I was still trying to like him. I know his situation was pretty messed up. But listening to that later lost me. He has no idea the difference between baseball and WWE,and UFC, and Slamball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

That was the one game I attended this year, so I missed it live. It was right at the beginning of June. I was still trying to like him. I know his situation was pretty messed up. But listening to that later lost me. He has no idea the difference between baseball and WWE,and UFC, and Slamball.

I didn’t think they even had 10 wins yet and he was acting like the Sox have the league on notice now lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jason is based enjoyed imo in small doses. I was no huge fan of him over 162 games but FFS man he's smooth and professional even if corny and learned baseball on the job. Schriffen is like the homeless man's version of Benetti, at best. It's like they thought they could pull another rabbit out of a hat but instead they just made another horrible hire.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Wow…

Theres nothing to dispute that. Benetti is terrible in the big moments. He has no memorable calls. A stupid Benitendi walk-off in the worst season ever was more memorable than anything he has ever called. Schriffen can at least bring excitement there (not that sox will give him much). That was reinforced was NBCSN was doing their history montage the other day and you had Hawk with all these amazing calls that I could play off the top of my head filled in between with Jason's lukewarmness.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 1