Schriffen speaks...

Lip Man 1

42 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Theres nothing to dispute that. Benetti is terrible in the big moments. He has no memorable calls. A stupid Benitendi walk-off in the worst season ever was more memorable than anything he has ever called. Schriffen can at least bring excitement there (not that sox will give him much). That was reinforced was NBCSN was doing their history montage the other day and you had Hawk with all these amazing calls that I could play off the top of my head filled in between with Jason's lukewarmness.

I mean it’s your opinion and it’s subjective, so it’s completely disputable by definition.

But anyway, even if Benetti was objectively terrible in calling big moments, there are so many other aspects to being a good play by play announcer than that.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Jason is based enjoyed imo in small doses. I was no huge fan of him over 162 games but FFS man he's smooth and professional even if corny and learned baseball on the job. Schriffen is like the homeless man's version of Benetti, at best. It's like they thought they could pull another rabbit out of a hat but instead they just made another horrible hire.

He's a 40 year old man trying to talk like a 16 or 17 year old. I honestly think he would be great at the hot dog eating contest. I had it on one year. It's beyond disgusting to watch, but the commentary is great. One guy was calling these dopes jamming 50 hot dogs down their gullets , the greatest athletes in the world. That's exactly what he would say.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

That was the one game I attended this year, so I missed it live. It was right at the beginning of June. I was still trying to like him. I know his situation was pretty messed up. But listening to that later lost me. He has no idea the difference between baseball and WWE,and UFC, and Slamball.

Organizations notice.  You wonder why he didn't have a contract, Senseless machoism in baseball is not desired.

26 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He's a 40 year old man trying to talk like a 16 or 17 year old. I honestly think he would be great at the hot dog eating contest. I had it on one year. It's beyond disgusting to watch, but the commentary is great. One guy was calling these dopes jamming 50 hot dogs down their gullets , the greatest athletes in the world. That's exactly what he would say.

He would say glizzy.

On 10/3/2024 at 2:12 PM, Snopek said:

I mean it’s your opinion and it’s subjective, so it’s completely disputable by definition.

But anyway, even if Benetti was objectively terrible in calling big moments, there are so many other aspects to being a good play by play announcer than that.

To the contrary, by definition, opinion is indisputable. Dispute is related to matters of fact

On 10/4/2024 at 2:12 AM, Snopek said:

His calls for the Tigers down the stretch were fine...especially the clincher.