Dear Sox fans

southsider2k5

Did I miss the announcement of when Soxfest is??

Jerry forgot to mention that this team finished the season 5-1.....sure the Tigers were probably hung over or still drunk the last 2 games but hey a win is a win.

• Thanks 1

These statements ring incredibly hollow without action. The fact that he hired Grifol, then Getz, show he has no interest in winning.  He’s 88 years old and spent much of the last 20 years watching his teams not compete. You would think he would want to make a run for it with one of the two teams.  

Hopefully he is still wanting to sell the Sox, and we get a buyer who wants to compete for championships. 

2 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:

What goof?

I hope he takes questions from reporters but this a good statement and surprisingly humbling and reflective from Jerry. It sounds like he’s aware of his failing as owner and wants to correct them.
I wonder if this means a director of analytics is coming to the org?

Jerry had a ghostwriter. He just put his name on it. An act of contrition isnt his style.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tjp1684 said:

These statements ring incredibly hollow without action. The fact that he hired Grifol, then Getz, show he has no interest in winning.  He’s 88 years old and spent much of the last 20 years watching his teams not compete. You would think he would want to make a run for it with one of the two teams.  

Hopefully he is still wanting to sell the Sox, and we get a buyer who wants to compete for championships. 

The fact he hired Tony....