Dear Sox fans

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

Dear Sox Fans,

Here is my 2025 plan for the future of the Chicago White Sox.

Chris Getz drives Jerry to Spring Training with Scriff in the back seat taking route 66.  By the time they hit Tulsa Oklahoma jerry can't take it anymore and gets out of the car. Reinsdorf sells the team on the spot and Uber's back to Chicago.

My plan is to continue to not go to games and barely watch the team.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

On 9/29/2024 at 10:53 PM, TaylorStSox said:

Everyone knows the entire franchise is pure trash. Repeating it ad nauseam changes nothing. Protesting changes nothing. This can either be a website that is an echo chamber of "no s%*#, we suck" or the website it used to be - full of highly knowledgeable fans who understand the situation, talk about the nuances of the sport and makes s%*# loads of great, sarcastic jokes. I miss the days of this board having tons of hilarious posters that were Sox fans but always had a charm. I remember when fans of other teams used to follow this board because it was dry, sarcastic and hilarious. Maybe a lot of the posters have moved on. Maybe we're just all too old to be funny. Man, I miss the old Soxtalk though.

The same people leading the charge because gee whiz I finally realized JR sucks are the same ones who were giddily slurping up the anticipated multiple championship rhetoric of the Hahn and KW led rebuild still in the employ of the same owner .

You can't discuss anything now because insults are primary if you are going to carry off a confident air of bravado. Sympathy , empathy and patience are weaknesses.

Maybe I don't remember the old Soxtalk you speak of even though I've been here forever. Most here just act as a uni mind unable and unwilling to do anything but carry pitchforks or jump on the bandwagon

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The same people leading the charge because gee whiz I finally realized JR sucks are the same ones who were giddily slurping up the anticipated multiple championship rhetoric of the Hahn and KW led rebuild still in the employ of the same owner .

You can't discuss anything now because insults are primary if you are going to carry off a confident air of bravado. Sympathy , empathy and patience are weaknesses.

Maybe I don't remember the old Soxtalk you speak of even though I've been here forever. Most here just act as a uni mind unable and unwilling to do anything but carry pitchforks or jump on the bandwagon

I never posted there, but it sounds like you’d fit in a lot better at WSI. Seems like you’d enjoy it more, as well.

• Thanks 1

On 9/29/2024 at 2:50 PM, wegner said:

Did I miss the announcement of when Soxfest is??

Jerry forgot to mention that this team finished the season 5-1.....sure the Tigers were probably hung over or still drunk the last 2 games but hey a win is a win.

All those games should have meant something to the Tigers.

Depending on what other teams did and what they did they couldve ended up playing either the Yankees , Orioles or Astros in the wild card round. Maybe it didn't really mean anything to them since they ended up with the Astros

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Depending on what other teams did and what they did they couldve ended up playing either the Yankees , Orioles or Astros in the wild card round. Maybe it didn't really mean anything to them since they ended up with the Astros

I wouldn't be happy about having to play the Astros in the postseason, even though they're not the juggernaut they were.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Were you against the 2016 rebuild?

• Like 1

https://www.audacy.com/podcast/mully-haugh-show-4bf26/episodes?action=AUTOPLAY_FULL&actionContentId=201-4f7c7384-a91e-4b7c-89d2-ee8e43cb5fcc

I agree with them. Word and no actions.

If you read the letter there is no sincerity of humbleness.  Then cut payroll.  Note to Jerry there are minimum wage laws. Next he'll so the same BS that he would spend if people show up.   He does everything to stomp out a potential winning culture.  He's does not love baseball.  Mully and Haugh said he should apologize to MLB for intentionally being bad and that is also set for next season.

Sure there are arguments the Central is a weak division but you had the Royals spending and I wouldn't rule out the Tigers doing so while Cleveland finds ways to always be good.  The Twins suffered from the cheap ass Reinsdorf model but they have a history of doing that. 

I often wonder is MLB forced a minimum of a $100M payroll what would happen to most of the cheap ass owners.  If most of these billionaires ran their businesses like they do in baseball they wouldn't be wealthy.

Mark Cuban said how many people would stand outside and get yelled at for millions. 

Last year the Mets owners apologized for a bad team and said it was his fault.  Yesterday one of the D'Backs took the blame for the Montgomery signing.   

Not Jerry, his arrogance is right up their with politicians.   

4 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

My plan is to continue to not go to games and barely watch the team.

I can understand why a White Sox fan would be of the opinion that they do not intend to go to and will barely watch the team going forward. But a fan who has  "signed up" to be an " admin" on the Pale Hose Talk website,would sound odd to say they intend to   "barely watch the team" next year. I would think that a person that intends to rarely spend time time watching the team should really quit their admin role. 

Maybe I am missing something. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I can understand why a White Sox fan would be of the opinion that they do not intend to go to and will barely watch the team going forward. But a fan who has  "signed up" to be an " admin" on the Pale Hose Talk website,would sound odd to say they intend to   "barely watch the team" next year. I would think that a person that intends to rarely spend time time watching the team should really quit their admin role. 

I think you missed that he has standards that are not being met on the field 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

It's not a voluntary position, we are held captive.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Should have meant something? Sure. Did they play like they meant something? Not really.

57 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

There are still things to discuss — Crochet and Robert trades, other offseason moves, minor league players, etc.  But I see no reason why an admin of a Sox message board would want to spend any time [waste their time] watching a team that they know will be absolutely horrible next season, just like I wouldn’t expect many posters on this site to be excited to watch most of next season.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

59 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I am sorry, what is the proper ratio of watching games to banning trolls?  I have only been doing this 22 years.

3 hours ago, SCCWS said:

Can’t someone read about them daily?  Dive into the stats on any number of sites.  Gather info from any number of sources, often more entertaining than the torture it is to watch and listen to a White Sox game. 

It does suck watching other teams and thinking that could be us....like never.

Even more annoying is seeing some teams that lost 100 the year before playing in the post season. I guess we should be use buys playing better once they are moved.   That gets even more annoying.

What do we have to look forward to in 2025?  At least another 100 loss season. I can't imagine anyone being giddy over 99 losses.

17 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

It does suck watching other teams and thinking that could be us....like never.

Even more annoying is seeing some teams that lost 100 the year before playing in the post season. I guess we should be use buys playing better once they are moved.   That gets even more annoying.

What do we have to look forward to in 2025?  At least another 100 loss season. I can't imagine anyone being giddy over 99 losses.

It's all about Witt Salvy Pasquantino Ragans trade and signing Lugo and Wacha.

7 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Was "a little while back" 2021?

That's about right actually.  We had talked about getting a suite to a game and having a psuedo family reunion in honor of my dad who passed away in 2016 and was who made me a Sox fan.  You can't do that on-line, only request information.  I requested information, and no one ever contacted me, and I sure as hell wasn't going to go chasing them around to give them thousands of dollars, so I basically forgot about it.  The next summer that money became our downpayment for the Disney timeshare program instead.  Now, I have  zero interest in spending anything with the Sox.