Dear Sox fans

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Just reply and be honest.  Sorry, not interested this season.  Last couple years have been miserable and I wish to spend my money elsewhere right now 

A year or two ago?  Sure.  But today Jerry won't acknowledge fans after literally the worst season in baseball history, I don't really feel the need to acknowledge his organization.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

A year or two ago?  Sure.  But today Jerry won't acknowledge fans after literally the worst season in baseball history, I don't really feel the need to acknowledge his organization.

I mean at the very least it stops the emails for a while and lets the salesman know, but you can choose to handle it that way I suppose lol

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I mean at the very least it stops the emails for a while and lets the salesman know, but you can choose to handle it that way I suppose lol

Oh I know.  But I do have a morbid curiosity for the fact that they didn't even acknowledge my emails that got me on to this list 3 years ago, but also how much desperation actually exists there now.

9 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Just reply and be honest.  Sorry, not interested this season.  Last couple years have been miserable and I wish to spend my money elsewhere right now 

I gave up my season tickets in 2023. I have been getting these emails. If the crossed out name is a female it’s probably the same one that bothered me several times in August and September for a group outing which I have never done. I ignored it for a while just like he did, but after the 5th or 6th one with this same type of being owed a response back email, I gave her one. Told her the team was a laughingstock,  I value my money more than to blow it on a product so uninteresting and not entertaining, and I wouldn’t be interested in what she was selling until the team showed it had a clue how to put together a team that was worthy of my time and money. That stopped the emails. They literally were coming every other day.

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2024 at 10:02 AM, Kyyle23 said:

Were you against the 2016 rebuild?

Of course not.They were spinning their wheels. But I didn't expect it to work with all my heart. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but I saw all the flaws that led to the collapse this time because they were the same flaws that plagued the organization for years. No commitment to developing youth , no comittment to DR players internationally, midlevels Free agent signing that were as likely to succeed as fail , just no comittment at all to infrastruture.

The best thing our former poster Jack Parkman used to say was "pick a lane" either go the TB route and put more money into hiring quality people to create a good foundation because it's ultimately cheaper to maintain that every year once you get it established or stop trying to pretend you're actually interested in anything but keeping the fans coming in by always dangling the carrot.

That argument was always out there as you were putting the same people involved in  mired in mediocrity in charge of the rebuild that ultimately expired due to a mediocre effort to win.

On 10/1/2024 at 8:22 AM, southsider2k5 said:

My plan is to continue to not go to games and barely watch the team.

My better half picked the perfect year to want to dump cable.....I only watched the Sox when I purchased YouTube TV for a month to watch March Madness. The last game I watched was one of their putrid extra inning efforts.

On 9/29/2024 at 3:34 PM, southsider2k5 said:

FB_IMG_1727638485516.jpg

In the meantime, AJ Hinch and the Tigers are into the playoffs, and we got stuck with TLR instead which was the beginning of our decline.  JR dictating JLR hire instead of AJ Hinch was a major blunder IMO.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Or conversely tell them, the only way you would go to a Sox game this season is they pay you.

13 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

We know you don’t get it.  No need to reinforce it

If it were that easy to just win, no team would ever need to rebuild. Or ever have a down year. Too bad magical thinking doesn't actually lead anywhere.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If it were that easy to just win, no team would ever need to rebuild. Or ever have a down year. Too bad magical thinking doesn't actually lead anywhere.

why lose when you can win?

• Like 1

If Juan Soto, Pete Alonso, Alex Bregman, Cody Bellinger, Corbin Burnes, Max Fried, and Blake Snell all magically appeared on the White Sox roster, I think we would all be happy, and happy not going through any sort of rebuild/retool. But magic is the only way this happens since the owner is anti player in just about every way.

Refusing to understand that is a choice.

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

If Juan Soto, Pete Alonso, Alex Bregman, Cody Bellinger, Corbin Burnes, Max Fried, and Blake Snell all magically appeared on the White Sox roster, I think we would all be happy, and happy not going through any sort of rebuild/retool. But magic is the only way this happens since the owner is anti player in just about every way.

Refusing to understand that is a choice.

I guess we will wait a decade.  Unfortunately the rebuild needs to begin with the fan base.  Not gonna happen. He will crush anything involved with a winning culture. 

Somehow all of these changes we believe will create success but doesn't most of these teams do things that are suppose to create success.  You definitely need talented people and keep them.  I don't think this organization can attract those people. Reinsdorf managed to attract more negative press on a world wide scale than any organization in baseball. Even people in Bangladesh know the organization sucks.  Not only does he need to apologize to fans through actions but all of MLB.  

He seriously needs to sell because that is probably the #1 wish of Sox fans.

Imagine if he apologized to fans hiring LaRussa, which I also think is a reason why any potential front office people would avoid this organization.