last game thread - Sox @ Tigers, 9/29

WestEddy

Up 5-0 already. If they hold on would be a 5-1, and 8-6 end to season. Some guys have actually looked competent Beni, Sosa come to mind. Brings me from 1/100 hope for the future to 3/100 hope. Jerry and Chris's statements bring it back down to 2/100 though.

Also this is completely arbitrary and doesn't change the s%*# show of this season, but if the Sox Win today they would technically have a better winning % than the 62 Mets.

40-120= .250

41-121= .253

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Up 5-0 already. If they hold on would be a 5-1, and 8-6 end to season. Some guys have actually looked competent Beni, Sosa come to mind. Brings me from 1/100 hope for the future to 3/100 hope. Jerry and Chris's statements bring it back down to 2/100 though.

Also this is completely arbitrary and doesn't change the s%*# show of this season, but if the Sox Win today they would technically have a better winning % than the 62 Mets.

40-120= .250

41-121= .253

If they finish on a 5-1 run, and blur the "worst ever" records, I consider it a successful season. Onward!!

4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

To be fair the 62 Mets were an expansion team, so I think ours is worse if you factor that in.

The Mets were able to pluck players from every other team. We had to use our own players to trade for them. Huge advantage, 62 Mets. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Did Sosa shorten his swing a little? I mean if he can hit 20 bombs and some ribbies he can keep second warm for a while. 

They'll probably finds ways not to use him in favor of the false hope named Vargas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

40-120= .250

41-121= .253

Your hundred should be 1000.  JR is still the owner.

His next season cheap ass solution will be a fail,  then next season's standout will be another #MakeBirminghamBetter solution.

No 100 loss to wildcard Cinderella story is going to happen with this ownership.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

If they finish on a 5-1 run, and blur the "worst ever" records, I consider it a successful season. Onward!!

They faced the awful Angels and a team that clinched the playoffs in the first game of the series.

Are you for real?

They still suck.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

They faced the awful Angels and a team that clinched the playoffs in the first game of the series.

Are you for real?

They still suck.

Bro relax I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic....