Grady is the "favorite"

southsider2k5

I don't think Grady did anything wrong per se, but logic would tell you he has about as much chance as any of us at landing that job. He gets it, and it's the same old, same old, and no matter who is manager, have a great chance at over 100 loses next year. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't think Grady did anything wrong per se, but logic would tell you he has about as much chance as any of us at landing that job. He gets it, and it's the same old, same old, and no matter who is manager, have a great chance at over 100 loses next year. 

Jesus Christ himself would lose 100+ games with who Getz will put on the field for 2025.

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Jesus Christ himself would lose 100+ games with who Getz will put on the field for 2025.

Agreed. I honestly don’t even know what the best move would be here. Since we won’t be competing any time soon, should we just let Grady ride it out? 

Will the young guys at least play hard for Grady? 

I would hope that those close to Grady advise him against taking this job honestly.  He apparently has aspirations to coach in MLB for a long time and is a young guy with limited experience so being the manager of this dumpster fire will irreparably damage his career prospects.  I sincerely hope that being exposed to the dysfunction within the franchise the last few months of this season has opened his eyes and he almost immediately flees to a job with a competent organization for his own sake.

This is the current state of the White Sox.  They are such trash from top to bottom that you should hope anyone with promise leaves before their career is destroyed.  I’m glad Cease got out, good for Kopech, hope ReyLo and Bummer succeed this post-season.  Hopefully Crochet and Robert can get out while they still have a chance.

We can always make fun of the Tatis trade but honestly it was a good thing.  Hes probably out of the league today if he stays in the White Sox system.  Guys like Moncada, Eloy, TA have their faults but the career arc is drastically different if they are in any other MLB organization.  I am sincerely concerned for guys like Montgomery and Schultz.  If I was their agent, I would be pushing incredibly hard for a trade.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Agreed. I honestly don’t even know what the best move would be here. Since we won’t be competing any time soon, should we just let Grady ride it out? 

If we are being honest and doing anything other than a temper tantrum, no we shouldn't let Grady ride it out.

Grady is, quite honestly, out of date. He took 6 years out of baseball to raise his kids. While this is an honorable choice, how different were training techniques, pitching techniques, workout techniques back in 2017? The level of digital content, information, the way pitchers fire constant heat, these things are substantially different. 

He has been at most part of 1 spring training, on the outside with the White Sox, since coming back. He might be a great person, he might be a great motivator, but damn a team this young, with this many holes and pitchers to be brought up, needs a coach who at least has some experience with modern player training and development. 

Bring in someone more recently experienced. Whether that's Shoemaker, the guy with the Dodgers, or whoever else, bringing in someone who is fully up to date and who has been a major part of a training and development program recently should be a priority. Even Grady should want this, you can't just jump into some jobs this raw.

Are we throwing a temper tantrum, saying "F*** this Getz is just going to find some more veterans and child abusers so who cares"? Because fine, might as well ride with Grady.

19 minutes ago, Rusty said:

I would hope that those close to Grady advise him against taking this job honestly.  He apparently has aspirations to coach in MLB for a long time and is a young guy with limited experience so being the manager of this dumpster fire will irreparably damage his career prospects.  I sincerely hope that being exposed to the dysfunction within the franchise the last few months of this season has opened his eyes and he almost immediately flees to a job with a competent organization for his own sake.

This is the current state of the White Sox.  They are such trash from top to bottom that you should hope anyone with promise leaves before their career is destroyed.  I’m glad Cease got out, good for Kopech, hope ReyLo and Bummer succeed this post-season.  Hopefully Crochet and Robert can get out while they still have a chance.

We can always make fun of the Tatis trade but honestly it was a good thing.  Hes probably out of the league today if he stays in the White Sox system.  Guys like Moncada, Eloy, TA have their faults but the career arc is drastically different if they are in any other MLB organization.  I am sincerely concerned for guys like Montgomery and Schultz.  If I was their agent, I would be pushing incredibly hard for a trade.

How is TA's career arc any different? He was good here, and then he fell off a cliff because of injuries or his own personal doing. And yeah, Schultz should absolutely try to leave. It's not like the Sox have a recent history of dominating lefties. Cmon. It's like the only good thing they currently do. 

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

Honestly?  We need to find a Ricky Renteria.  Get these guys ready to play every day.

It wouldn't surprise me.  How many would  take the job?   There is probably a shortage of fools not named Grifol.

Dysfunctional organization

Having Tony looking over your shoulder

High risk career move if you want to be a manager

Inheriting a questionable coaching staff