Troll account on the managerial opening

southsider2k5

16 hours ago, Rusty said:

I would hope that those close to Grady advise him against taking this job honestly.  He apparently has aspirations to coach in MLB for a long time and is a young guy with limited experience so being the manager of this dumpster fire will irreparably damage his career prospects.  I sincerely hope that being exposed to the dysfunction within the franchise the last few months of this season has opened his eyes and he almost immediately flees to a job with a competent organization for his own sake.

This is the current state of the White Sox.  They are such trash from top to bottom that you should hope anyone with promise leaves before their career is destroyed.  I’m glad Cease got out, good for Kopech, hope ReyLo and Bummer succeed this post-season.  Hopefully Crochet and Robert can get out while they still have a chance.

We can always make fun of the Tatis trade but honestly it was a good thing.  Hes probably out of the league today if he stays in the White Sox system.  Guys like Moncada, Eloy, TA have their faults but the career arc is drastically different if they are in any other MLB organization.  I am sincerely concerned for guys like Montgomery and Schultz.  If I was their agent, I would be pushing incredibly hard for a trade.

Totally disagree about Grady. If you’re offered millions of dollars to be an mlb manager when you were just hired as an mlb intern less than two years ago you’d be a fool not to take the job. Also, the expectations are so low that if he even finds a way to lose less than 100 games in one of the next two seasons it looks like he did a great job.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Totally disagree about Grady. If you’re offered millions of dollars to be an mlb manager when you were just hired as an mlb intern less than two years ago you’d be a fool not to take the job. Also, the expectations are so low that if he even finds a way to lose less than 100 games in one of the next two seasons it looks like he did a great job.

Grady's banked around $30 million in his career, so I don't think the money's an issue. I agree with Grady taking the opportunity to gain experience, but I never thought Robin Ventura would be a horrible manager. Maybe the organization's so dysfunctional, either the bad decisions start pouring out, or good logic turns to sh*t when the whole team's being jerked around.