Wildcard Round

caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

AJ Hinch outdoes the Astros expensive bullpen

I feel like Hinch has always had the Astros' number since leaving. 

Good for the Tigers. They actually got here because they were innovative with their injured pitching staff. 

I'm not sure how good they'll be in a longer series, but a short series like this one really suited them. 

Edited by chw42

19 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Twins, Royals: 12-1 against Sox.

Tigers: 10-3

All 3 very much in post season/post season picture (Twins) because of the Sox. It’s not that they are that great of teams. It’s that the Sox are that bad.

They aren’t great teams that are on the verge of going 4-0 (on the road mind you) in the wild card round. What does that say about their opponents then?

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

"Good thing we are in the AL Central"

getzy.jpg

Exactly right. It’s funny how people on this site and around mlb continually knock the AL Central and yet the AL East has been the most overrated division in the league for a decade. Still, I didn’t expect the tigers to sweep the Astros even though they were one of the hottest teams coming into the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They aren’t great teams that are on the verge of going 4-0 (on the road mind you) in the wild card round. What does that say about their opponents then?

Best record in baseball since August 11th when they were at 0.2% playoff odds.

36-13 since.  Two losses to the White Sox haha.

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

I'm now firmly convinced that Hinch vs. TLR was the final divergence point.

God damn what a monumental whiff.

Weren't the Sox looking at Fetter back in 2021 as well to replace Coop? I remember Hahn was interested. I'd imagine had Hinch gotten the job here, we would have hired Fetter too. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Quin said:

If you listened to the TV broadcast in like the 2nd inning, they described Hinch having the longest-pre-game meeting with his team that they'd ever seen today, going like 45 minutes and outlining all the potential pitching and hitting decisions that he might make. They quoted Joey Cora as saying that Hinch was the best planning coach, best prepared, and I believe they used the phrase "Most meticulous" coach that Cora had ever seen.

I was lifting weights at the time so I didn't cry...but I thought about it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If you listened to the TV broadcast in like the 2nd inning, they described Hinch having the longest-pre-game meeting with his team that they'd ever seen today, going like 45 minutes and outlining all the potential pitching and hitting decisions that he might make. They quoted Joey Cora as saying that Hinch was the best planning coach, best prepared, and I believe they used the phrase "Most meticulous" coach that Cora had ever seen.

Hinch/Benetti lol...plus best bullpen management in ages. 

Brieske was absolutely fearless.  27th round pick 802 overall.

Tarik Skubal and Jackson Jobe are going to be quite the combo, and to think they seriously considered trading him. 

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I doubt he ever walked a hitter with a 1-2 count or continued to play a lousy player because he hit some good foul balls.

It will take at least a decade for the Sox to be meaningful.  That's Getz idea of patience.

35 minutes ago, Quin said:

Took you that long?

I thought the Sox of 2021 ever better than 93 wins.