Wildcard Round

caulfield12

40 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

While I get the comparison in terms of timing, the 2021 White Sox were also idiots. They had basically mortgaged everything they had on 2021 and we know how poor of a job they were doing with their development and attitude. The Os shouldn’t be anything near that awful.

Let me put it another way. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Orioles won 81 games in 2025 like our 2022 White Sox.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article293397049.html#storylink=mainstage_card

mlb.com AJ Cassavell

"With the win, the Padres advanced to their third NLDS in five years -- all of which have come against Los Angeles. They were swept in 2020, before stunning the 111-win Dodgers in ‘22. It was that summer that beloved late Padres owner Peter Seidler proclaimed the Dodgers as, “That dragon up the freeway we’re trying to slay.”

They’ll have to slay it again."

Edited by caulfield12

Looks like Hyde is gonna get fired. Is he a slam dunk choice for the Sox? The O's finished 20 over .500. ... I'm glad the O's lost to make up for the playoff series where a better Sox team lost to the O's. Britt Burns tossed 9 scoreless innings but gave up a homer in the 10th to lose 3-0 and prohibit a game five in which the Sox would have won and advanced thanks to Cy Young winner Lamarr Hoyt. Instead we got beat because Dybber had a brain lapse on the basepaths.

I think that year was biggest choke in Sox history. We were home and only had to muster one run to win game four then win it on a Sunday with Hoyt. Glad those bleep Orioles who were way better than KC got beat.