2025 Projected Arb Salaries (MLBTR)

joejoesox

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

I still hate giving up Vaughn for nothing, when we have no one ready to step in.  This season, Benintendi, Lopez, and Vaughn all got off to horrible starts.  They couldn't buy a hit.  Add in Maldonado and the tres amigos who all got hurt early again, and they had no chance. Now, if both Benintendi and Vaughn start next season better, they might win a few games and keep things interesting.  That's my pipe dream.

https://www.behavioraleconomics.com/resources/mini-encyclopedia-of-be/sunk-cost-fallacy/

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

I still hate giving up Vaughn for nothing, when we have no one ready to step in.  This season, Benintendi, Lopez, and Vaughn all got off to horrible starts.  They couldn't buy a hit.  Add in Maldonado and the tres amigos who all got hurt early again, and they had no chance. Now, if both Benintendi and Vaughn start next season better, they might win a few games and keep things interesting.  That's my pipe dream.

Aspiring to be the Pirates essentially is not going to work as a long-term strategy.

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Two of those tres amigos haven’t really shown much offensively at the major league level and the third forgot how to hit when he put on the esteemed Sox jersey.  This is a “wish in one hand and s%*# in the other and tell me which fills up first” scenario 

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Vargas could shift to 1B.

11 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Both were about the same as Vaughn in WAR because of how bad Vaughn’s defense is.  Neither team is going to “upgrade” to Vaughn from those guys.  Definitely not the Yankees.  It would be a lateral move.

Vaughn has next to zero value.  He’s a 1B that hits like a 2B and plays defense like a DH.

Detroit had a better total WAR from 1B than the Sox did. Tork >> Vaughn, period. NYY isn't looking at Vaughn and thinking he's an upgrade from Rizzo. Houston just lived through Pito cratering so they definitely are looking for better production than a no bat no glove 1B. 

The list of teams that would look at Andrew Vaughn and think he's an upgrade is very very short.