Leadership Lessons From The Chicago White Sox’ Ignominy: Forbes

caulfield12

32 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

33 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Good indictment of the Sox owner and FO.  Lack of oversight, unwillingness to sufficiently invest on the team, insularity resulting in hiring Getz, lack of embracing change such as the use of analytics amongst other issues.  

Yet the sun may also rise again someday for the White Sox. Because baseball’s most intrinsic charm is hope.

Hope might take decades. The scary thing is Jerry might still be there.

I often wonder if new owners would make some drastic changes in the front office.  The GM is an epic fail but yet replacing people is not easy since you would have to lots of interviews.  New owners would have to do a ton of research and if they don't it would be worse than Jerry.  If spreadsheets are more important than winning then do the planet a favor and stay out of it.  

Imagine if Getz had to interview for his job.  I doubt boasting about the Barons is going to cut it.  How could he answer or that "culture" guy as to why players get better when they leave.  As farm director is good enough to be on the non interview list.  Plus I doubt the blame game would work either.