KC Royals

SCCWS

Royals went from 106 losses in 2023  to knocking out Orioles in 1st round in 2024. Maybe we can have a much better start in 2025. But that takes major changes and a bankroll to pay for it.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Royals went from 106 losses in 2023  to knocking out Orioles in 1st round in 2024. Maybe we can have a much better start in 2025. But that takes major changes and a bankroll to pay for it.  

Didn’t the Royals bring in some starting pitching in the offseason? Lugo signing was huge.

5 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Didn’t the Royals bring in some starting pitching in the offseason? Lugo signing was huge.

They also had some great farm players who had played in previous seasons and took their lumps ready to break out.  We benched ours for guys like Tommy Pham and Nicky Lopez.

• Like 1

4 teams in the AL Central fought to get into the 2024 Playoffs. The only team to draw 2 million fans was Cleveland. The Orioles had thousands of empty seats at there game last night. Evidently these fan bases   weren't too excited about there teams.

25 minutes ago, Snopek said:

They have Bobby Witt Jr. We have Andrew Vaughn.

The Sox would have Witt if they tanked better in 2018, but alas, if you ask some people that would have been sacrilige.

3 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

4 teams in the AL Central fought to get into the 2024 Playoffs. The only team to draw 2 million fans was Cleveland. The Orioles had thousands of empty seats at there game last night. Evidently these fan bases   weren't too excited about there teams.

The White Sox did their part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

The Sox would have Witt if they tanked better in 2018, but alas, if you ask some people that would have been sacrilige.

And Bobby Witt would have developed like Vaughn did too...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I think some guys transcend that type of stuff. Angels can't develop s%*#, yet Mike Trout is one of the greatest to ever do it. 

True, but neither KC or the Angels of 15 years ago were as toxic and archaic as the Sox are now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

…and other fairy tales, as told by Jerry Reinsdorf 

32 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Don't hold your breath. As much as this org is obsessed with being the Royals, KC can actually draft and develop.

If the Sox can go from 121 losses to *only* 106 losses in 2025 I'd consider that a small miracle.

Pretty much this, I would expect them to be a lock for 110 losses minimum. It will depend on what they do with Crochet and Robert, but if they're both gone and this team signs no one of significance in FA then its going to be just as bad as 2024.

47 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

That was truly shocking to see so many open seats at a playoff game. And it wasn’t even one of those weird super early starts either. What’s wrong with Orioles fans??

1 hour ago, Quin said:

If the Sox finish 1 or 2 games under .500 against each the Royals, Tigers, and Twins (I think even 3 or 4 for one of those teams), I’m pretty sure Guardians are the only ALC team in the postseason.

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

If the Sox finish 1 or 2 games under .500 against each the Royals, Tigers, and Twins (I think even 3 or 4 for one of those teams), I’m pretty sure Guardians are the only ALC team in the postseason.

Yep, in a tight race, the Sox were the literal difference makers.

• Like 1