Lynn/Kelly implicated in bad teammates talk

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Thankfully he didn’t turn into an absolute stud.

Yea pretty middle case scenario it was a fair trade all things considered the problem was failing to sustain the team including replacing Lynn and others. Of course when you're not spending big bucks in FA and you're trading away cost controlled youngsters for "proven" MLB vets it's hard to sustain. Just bad process.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Not at all surprising. And both guys can f*** off. Texas got 5.2 fwar out of dunnning so far. We got some cool yelling I guess.

Meh. Dunning would be what for the Sox? Competition for Davis Martin in the middle of a rotation that's gonna lose 100 games? In the grander scheme of things, he's just a guy. I wish him well, but it's not Fernando Tatis Jr.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Meh. Dunning would be what for the Sox? Competition for Davis Martin in the middle of a rotation that's gonna lose 100 games? In the grander scheme of things, he's just a guy. I wish him well, but it's not Fernando Tatis Jr.

It was just a poor use of resources given how things shook out. hindsight is 20/20 but if you're trading away cost controlled young pitching and not really going all out to win after that you're just half assing it. In isolation it was a fair trade, in context of the overall team building it was a mistake.

• Paper Bag 1

So the two vets who came from quality organizations with high standards of professionalism, and who both subsequently were re-acquired by those organizations, temporarily joined this clown show and were the problem? I find that difficult to believe

Edited by 46DidIt

Lynn trade was fine. Hard to time young pitching...and imagine not getting into the playoffs in 2021...oof.

Compared to hahn trying to fill RF with Nomar Mazara and then Adam Eaton, this is like acquiring Fernando Tatis Jr. for James Shields.

• Like 2

Didn't the A's back in the early 70s  have a bunch of guys who didn't get along and claimed it helped them to win?

If Liam is on one side of a disagreement and Lynn is on the other, I don't have to know what the argument is about to know what side I'd support. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

Seems the entire argument is predicated on them purportedly having had to be persuaded to attend a press conference. That’s a pretty flimsy premise to arrive at “bad teammate”

That seems like a backwards read to me.   

• Like 1

Any of those guys that talked s%*# after being shitcanned was, in my mind, a pretty obvious "cancer" and likely a major source of the dysfunction. I wrote in a post last year (when this was a timely discussion. IDK how Olney and friends got away with publishing this a year after the fact), but there was a stark difference in Giolito's and Lynn's reaction after leaving the 2023 White Sox. Giolito was thoughtful and professional, took personal accountability, Lynn blamed everybody else. It's like, you're 40-years-old, you're clearly dying your beard, it's time to grow up. Something tells me that was part of the reason Giolito signed a $40mil contract and Lynn signed a $10mil one. 

• Like 1

Lynn stated what Pham did about players being out of position.

Interesting ending

But it's still a damning indictment of both's clubhouse conduct and a very bad look for LA, to say the least.

Is that it's not good for LA to rely on Sox rejects?  After the last trade deadline it seems the Dodgers know who to fleece.

4 hours ago, Texsox said:

Didn't the A's back in the early 70s  have a bunch of guys who didn't get along and claimed it helped them to win?

If Liam is on one side of a disagreement and Lynn is on the other, I don't have to know what the argument is about to know what side I'd support. 

You are correct about the A's, they were united in their hatred of Charlie Finley the owner but also at times didn't get along with each other. One example was when they had a fistfight in the locker room before a game with the Tigers in the 1972 championship series. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

You are correct about the A's, they were united in their hatred of Charlie Finley the owner but also at times didn't get along with each other. One example was when they had a fistfight in the locker room before a game with the Tigers in the 1972 championship series. 

The hairs versus squares