2024 Playoffs - NLCS/ALCS

27 minutes ago, flavum said:

I just don’t feel the “division rival” hate anymore. Divisions are stupid with 6 playoff teams. If you would have told me before the playoffs started that the World Series was going to be Padres/Guardians, I would have been happy. Why? Because a fan base would be seeing their team win a championship for the first time. (Yes, some 90 year olds may have remembered the 48 Indians)

Rivals are not what they use to be.   Yet we have this mythical Cubs/Sox rivalry for decades.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think the Yankees might actually have been better off not hitting those homers in the 8th. That's a huge momentum shift for the Guardians. 

Most of the time they look like they don't belong there.  You think it was the old weak AL Central and a 79-83 team got in.

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I think the Yankees might actually have been better off not hitting those homers in the 8th. That's a huge momentum shift for the Guardians. 

Let the series go 7, just doesn’t let Cleveland make it to the World Series…

Dodgers v Yankees is setting up to be a clash of titans - I’m here for it… since our team is fuckall, let’s watch some competent teams who spend and draft and develop and plan well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

BTW most bullpens suck in baseball

Exactly. The Yankee bullpen had been hot lately, on a roll, then tonight the two guys Weaver and Holmes who had been hot, both stunk. Both gave up homers that cost NYY the game. I mean remember when closers were considered to be blah closers if they even blew five games in a season? Bobby Jenks, Thiggy lights out for the Sox and all the great closers in baseball? Now a reliever may be OK for a while but ultimately he'll start to suck. Like Erced of the Royals was on a little roll then he got hit. Not sure how a skipper should navigate a bullpen with so many average to lousy relievers.

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Dodgers v Yankees is setting up to be a clash of titans - I’m here for it… since our team is fuckall, let’s watch some competent teams who spend and draft and develop and plan well.

I don't think the Yankees are a titan team. Although it helps that Judge is starting to connect for two homers this series. Stanton also hit another homer. A bit of improvement for NYY's HR attack.

I have absolutely no interest in a Dodgers-Yankees WS. Give me the Yankees, I guess, but I won’t be watching any games.

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

I don't think the Yankees are a titan team. Although it helps that Judge is starting to connect for two homers this series. Stanton also hit another homer. A bit of improvement for NYY's HR attack.

The Yankees were the best team in the AL pretty much the entire season. Just because they didn’t wow you in the exactly two games you watched them doesn’t change that.

• Fire 2

6 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

I have absolutely no interest in a Dodgers-Yankees WS. Give me the Yankees, I guess, but I won’t be watching any games.

The Yankees were the best team in the AL pretty much the entire season. Just because they didn’t wow you in the exactly two games you watched them doesn’t change that.

Team that "can't hit" had the most home runs in the majors.

NYY and LAD had the highest WRC+ in baseball. That's a spooky term to Greg, so here's a rundown:

A post shared by kait maniscalco (@askkait)

I'll let you guys guess what team had a 75 WRC+, worst in the majors.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

Team that "can't hit" had the most home runs in the majors.

NYY and LAD had the highest WRC+ in baseball. That's a spooky term to Greg, so here's a rundown:

I'll let you guys guess what team had a 75 WRC+, worst in the majors.

But Batting Average, Quin, Batting Average!

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

NLCS looks likely to wind up tied up at 2, but without any of the games really being competitive.

You mean 3-2 Dodgers going back to LA....?

Flaherty got killed in this one.  Cost himself a decent chunk of money in FA unless he pitches better in the WS.

Have a feeling this game isn't quite over yet...though.

Edited by caulfield12

On December 5, 2023, Cousins signed a minor league contract with the Chicago White Sox.[19] On March 31, 2024, the White Sox traded Cousins to the New York Yankees in exchange for cash considerations.[20] The following day, the Yankees selected him to the major league roster.[21]

On August 13 against the Chicago White Sox, Cousins recorded his first career save in a 4-1 Yankees win.[22]

JR all about the cash considerations.

Idiots.

14 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

But don't you agree their batting averages show they have a lot of Sox-like stiffs? Jazz is awful, Volte, Wells, Berti, Verdugo can't hit, etc.

Edited by greg775

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

But don't you agree their batting averages show they have a lot of Sox-like stiffs? Jazz is awful, Volte, Wells, Berti, Verdugo can't hit, etc.

Offense is down across the league. If you want to use your favorite stat to measure that, the league average BA was just .243, down 5 points from last year. 

It just so happens the Yankees have 2 guys in Soto and Judge who are so good by themselves that they don't need a bunch of great hitters around them for the Yankees to score.