2024 Playoffs - NLCS/ALCS

42 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Tim Hill, Ian Hamilton, Kahnle, Jake Cousins all contributing to Yankees' pen.

Ofc Getz can't manage to put a bullpen together to save even his own life.

While Hill wasn't good on the Sox he also got BABIP'd to death while maintaining decent peripherals. He also wasn't even the worst guy in the Sox bullpen when he got DFA'd. Him going to the Yankees and being good really isn't that surprising. 

6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Anyone get Buehrle flip vibes on that missed play by NYY?

Or Bill Buckner vs. Mookie Wilson in 1986.

MLB HQ has to be getting nervous after NY was one out away from a 3-0 series lead.

That Noel ball into the LF corner felt like a GS off the bat, too.

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

Offense is down across the league. If you want to use your favorite stat to measure that, the league average BA was just .243, down 5 points from last year. 

It just so happens the Yankees have 2 guys in Soto and Judge who are so good by themselves that they don't need a bunch of great hitters around them for the Yankees to score. 

Aha this backs my argument that tanking was so dumb. We had some elite pitchers we let go starting with Sale and Quintana. We had Abreu all those years and only needed another thumper to go with the .250ish stiffs. You are saying you can win with two sluggers and this backs my contention the Sox wasted oh, so many years by trying to lose.

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Aha this backs my argument that tanking was so dumb. We had some elite pitchers we let go starting with Sale and Quintana. We had Abreu all those years and only needed another thumper to go with the .250ish stiffs. You are saying you can win with two sluggers and this backs my contention the Sox wasted oh, so many years by trying to lose.

Stanton as well…the White Sox never could get a second, or a third, for sure.

Just like KC with Witt Perez Pasquantino.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, greg775 said:

There will be more elite pitchers going to  rinse and repeat the suckage under Getz.  After Crochet it will be Schultz,,,,,,,and we'll hear how great Birmingham is.

Robert, Moncada, Eloy, were suppose to compliment Abreu. TA fell off the baseball map.  It would have been a great team but injuries happen and who knows what else.

No righting of the ship with this organization as next season can be worse.  This is not gonna be another 100 loss to make it into the post season.

If by some magic there are new owners they will need a GM and rebuild the fanbase.  Expensive milkshakes are not gonna solve the problem. 

• Fire 1