2024 Playoffs - NLCS/ALCS

When the Dodgers got Edman in a three-way, trade-deadline deal with the Cardinals and White Sox that also brought them reliever Michael Kopech, the former Cardinal hadn’t played a game this year and was still rehabbing from offseason ankle surgery.

Fast-forward to the postseason, and Edman showed exactly why L.A. wanted him. When he took over for the injured Miguel Rojas in Game 3 of the NLDS, no one knew how big a role he’d play over the next 10 days. But in addition to starting at shortstop in every game, the versatile Edman crushed Mets pitching in the NLCS, slashing .407/.393/.630 with a homer and 11 RBI, tying him with Corey Seager for the franchise record in a postseason series. While filling in as the team’s cleanup hitter in Game 6, Edman hit a two-run double and a two-run homer in the pennant-clinching victory.

Ohtani disagreed. “Tommy, I think, clearly is the MVP,” he said. “He does things — not just this postseason but during the regular season — contributing in places where it doesn't really reflect on the stat line.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-vs-dodgers-la-showcases-its-resolve-star-power-and-depth-beyond-shohei-ohtani-and-mookie-betts-to-reach-world-series-060154431.html

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

When the Dodgers got Edman in a three-way, trade-deadline deal with the Cardinals and White Sox that also brought them reliever Michael Kopech, the former Cardinal hadn’t played a game this year and was still rehabbing from offseason ankle surgery.

Fast-forward to the postseason, and Edman showed exactly why L.A. wanted him. When he took over for the injured Miguel Rojas in Game 3 of the NLDS, no one knew how big a role he’d play over the next 10 days. But in addition to starting at shortstop in every game, the versatile Edman crushed Mets pitching in the NLCS, slashing .407/.393/.630 with a homer and 11 RBI, tying him with Corey Seager for the franchise record in a postseason series. While filling in as the team’s cleanup hitter in Game 6, Edman hit a two-run double and a two-run homer in the pennant-clinching victory.

Ohtani disagreed. “Tommy, I think, clearly is the MVP,” he said. “He does things — not just this postseason but during the regular season — contributing in places where it doesn't really reflect on the stat line.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-vs-dodgers-la-showcases-its-resolve-star-power-and-depth-beyond-shohei-ohtani-and-mookie-betts-to-reach-world-series-060154431.html

At the time of the trade, it seemed like the Dodgers wouldn't have really needed to trade much for him as he was more salary dump. Although, considering what was given up to the Sox in that deal, you can say they didn't give up much of anything.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

You were just badmouthing the Yankees after attending the ALDS, at any rate, Dodgers open as the betting favorites.

Edman plated 11 runs in the NLCS, tying Corey Seager for most RBIs in a postseason series for the Dodgers since that statistic became official in 1920.

Seager’s 11 RBIs against the Braves in the 2020 NLCS won him series MVP honors.

mlb.com

I hear you Caulfield on my badmouthing the Yankees. But maybe I've learned the Royals are just that good and the Yankees still potent. KC did contain NYY's bats and could have easily won that series if Salvy and Witt had hit a lick. NYY could not get a big hit that whole series and several players seemed White Sox-like at the plate. And the bullpen did implode the one game against the Guardians. However I'm assuming Soto, Judge and Stanton have gotten it together. I will say bet the house on Dodgers if they take the first two. Otherwise it's the Yankees' year finally.