2024 Playoffs - NLCS/ALCS

I went to the KC game tonight.  My first MLB game in 2 or 3 seasons. Yankees got four hits and still won. Judge still not hitting. Soto not doing anything of note. Yankees got four hits and still won. Royals came back from 2 down and looked like they were gonna win. Giancarlo Stanton hit the HR to win it in the eighth off Bubic. Don't count out the Royals as the Yankees cannot hit. They won with four hits tonight. Shame on the Royals losing when they allow only four hits! Royals in 5. Bet the house on KC in game four, maybe in a rout. All games have been close. Yankees have a ton of easy outs in the lineup just like our White Sox. Jazz can't hit. That SS who made a nice play on a Vinnie liner can't hit. p.s. The place was jam packed not an empty seat. Fans were really into it as well. Into every pitch.

Edited by greg775

8 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If the Padres lose tomorrow, Cease is going to be public enemy number one in SD

Nah. He’ll receive his fair share of criticism, as he should, but he played a big part in getting them to the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Padres offense got shutout in a bullpen game.

If they lose tomorrow, it’ll be a group effort collapse.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Nah. He’ll receive his fair share of criticism, as he should, but he played a big part in getting them to the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Padres offense got shutout in a bullpen game.

If they lose tomorrow, it’ll be a group effort collapse.

All that they’ll remember is losing in the playoffs to their arch rival Dodgers and that he choked in 2 of the 5 games. For his sake, they better win tomorrow…

18 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

All that they’ll remember is losing in the playoffs to their arch rival Dodgers and that he choked in 2 of the 5 games. For his sake, they better win tomorrow…

As much as you seem to want that to be the case, that’s not “all that they’ll remember.”

I mean, you can look at the post game thread on their subreddit now to see what they’re saying.

Spoiler: It’s not what you’re hoping for.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Snopek said:

As much as you seem to want that to be the case, that’s not “all that they’ll remember.”

I mean, you can look at the post game thread on their subreddit now to see what they’re saying.

Spoiler: It’s not what you’re hoping for.

He really, really needs/wants Thorpe to be viewed as a better pitcher than Cease.

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

I went to the KC game tonight.  My first MLB game in 2 or 3 seasons. Yankees got four hits and still won. Judge still not hitting. Soto not doing anything of note. Yankees got four hits and still won. Royals came back from 2 down and looked like they were gonna win. Giancarlo Stanton hit the HR to win it in the eighth off Bubic. Don't count out the Royals as the Yankees cannot hit. They won with four hits tonight. Shame on the Royals losing when they allow only four hits! Royals in 5. Bet the house on KC in game four, maybe in a rout. All games have been close. Yankees have a ton of easy outs in the lineup just like our White Sox. Jazz can't hit. That SS who made a nice play on a Vinnie liner can't hit. p.s. The place was jam packed not an empty seat. Fans were really into it as well. Into every pitch.

Yes, but how many hits did the Yankees have?

• Haha 1

https://x.com/emmabaccellieri/status/1844162878976471188?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

The Mets have forced me to reconsider my stance that a team should only have one gimmick at a time. Coming around to the idea that actually the perfect baseball team is a tangle of fast-food mascots, roadside pumpkins, and journeyman infielders working on their music careers.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

The GM is surely the one who made the call starting Cease on short rest when that has historically not worked out for him.

He’s no Madison Bamgarner that’s for sure!

Edit: heck, I’d take a 35 year old Quintana over playoff Dylan Cease by a long shot

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

The Yankees were 3rd in MLB in runs scored, 1st in HR's, 3rd in OBP and 4th in Slg. %

But don't let facts get in the way of you being an dolt. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Cease sucks in the postseason, it’s ok to admit. Hope it doesn’t cost the Padres the series because I can’t stand the Dodgers.

Yes, he has been bad in the three(!) postseason starts he's made. That you think he's "missing the clutch gene" and is incapable of succeeding in the playoffs or whatever Skip Bayless ass take you're making here is obviously your right. But I truly don't care enough about the topic to see what your explanation is once he ends up fine over a larger sample size.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snopek said:

Yes, he has been bad in the three(!) postseason starts he's made. That you think he's "missing the clutch gene" and is incapable of succeeding in the playoffs or whatever Skip Bayless ass take you're making here is obviously your right. But I truly don't care enough about the topic to see what your explanation is once he ends up fine over a larger sample size.

Many pitchers don’t even get 3 postseason starts over their entire career so no sample size doesn’t apply here. Mark Buehrle had just 4 (!) postseason starts over his entire career and he won a World Series.

41 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Many pitchers don’t even get 3 postseason starts over their entire career so no sample size doesn’t apply here. Mark Buehrle had just 4 (!) postseason starts over his entire career and he won a World Series.

So Jose Contreras was not clutch because he lost to Paul Byrd even though he was the best pitcher in baseball heading into the 2005 post season?

There's a lot more evidence against Clayton Kershaw.

And there's a big difference starting against the Yankees or Dodgers versus the Tigers/Royals/Guardians.

But sure, he's not Pedro Martinez or Jack Morris.  Very few are.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

So Jose Contreras was not clutch because he lost to Paul Byrd even though he was the best pitcher in baseball heading into the 2005 post season?

There's a lot more evidence against Clayton Kershaw.

And there's a big difference starting against the Yankees or Dodgers versus the Tigers/Royals/Guardians.

But sure, he's not Pedro Martinez or Jack Morris.  Very few are.

Huh? Contreras had a 3.49 ERA in the postseason.

Even Kershaw has decent postseason stats, it just looks bad because of how much more dominant he’s been in the regular season.

13 ERA in 4 playoff games, 3 of them starts, and not even able to get out of the 4th inning in any of those 3 starts is just really bad no matter how you want to spin it.

21 hours ago, greg775 said:

Whoops 

• Haha 1