The trade ideas begin! Robert for Holliday ++

southsider2k5

I think it will be a long while before significant trades. First up is the new manager. Now JR has basically said managers and coaches , except named Tony LaRussa, make no difference. But in his letter, he made it appear this will be a franchise altering hire. I can’t wait.

21 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think it will be a long while before significant trades. First up is the new manager. Now JR has basically said managers and coaches , except named Tony LaRussa, make no difference. But in his letter, he made it appear this will be a franchise altering hire. I can’t wait.

Like another TLR….

Only

in

fantasy

sports

Our reality is a nightmare,   Then all it takes is for them to make Boras their agent.  Then we kick the can down the road and make Birmingham better.

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

My god, this would be an awful trade for the sox

It’s really not that bad.  Benintendi has negative value due to his contract and performance and Robert has sucked for an entire season and is getting expensive.  Crochet is the guy with the real value and do you trust that clown shoes Getz will actually choose the right prospect return?  With Holliday, it’s very likely he is going to pan out.  I couldn’t say the same for any potential Getz prospect return.

Baltimore probably turns the deal down anyways due to it being too much money for them to take on.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s really not that bad.  Benintendi has negative value due to his contract and performance and Robert has sucked for an entire season and is getting expensive.  Crochet is the guy with the real value and do you trust that clown shoes Getz will actually choose the right prospect return?  With Holliday, it’s very likely he is going to pan out.  I couldn’t say the same for any potential Getz prospect return.

Baltimore probably turns the deal down anyways due to it being too much money for them to take on.

No, this is an awful deal for the Sox

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, almagest said:

Exactly. If Holliday ends up bad or mediocre you end up with nothing. All your hopes are riding on him. Terrible trade.

Correct and I know he’s young but there’s already a ton of limitations in his game from what I’ve seen. Will he even turn out better than Yoan Moncada? I don’t know.

6 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Correct and I know he’s young but there’s already a ton of limitations in his game from what I’ve seen. Will he even turn out better than Yoan Moncada? I don’t know.

I’m not sure this works even if he ends up a good player. Trading a top tier pitcher and a guy who has put up a 5+ WAR season and isn’t old for one guy is madness.

• Like 1

Holiday's minor league stats are just the type of player that the White Sox need.  304/443/486, ops. 928. I love his walk total is almost at his strike out level , 201 walks 207 k's.

20 year old  , ehh what the heck pull the trigger on this internet fantasy trade.

10 hours ago, almagest said:

I’m not sure this works even if he ends up a good player. Trading a top tier pitcher and a guy who has put up a 5+ WAR season and isn’t old for one guy is madness.

Thats cute language choice on Robert. A “guy who has put up a 5+ WAR season (actually no he hasn't) sounds better than a guy who put up a 0.5 WAR season last year.

Crochet im not sure whether the market will be strong, he’s a legit talent but he has health concerns beyond an average pitcher at least for now. Someone might bid heavily for him, if you got the Phillies showing real interest for example we know they can be aggressive. 

Luis Robert will not bring the return of a 5 WAR player with 3 years of control remaining. If the White Sox have decided to move on from him, it will be at a super large discount. 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Thats cute language choice on Robert. A “guy who has put up a 5+ WAR season (actually no he hasn't) sounds better than a guy who put up a 0.5 WAR season last year.

Crochet im not sure whether the market will be strong, he’s a legit talent but he has health concerns beyond an average pitcher at least for now. Someone might bid heavily for him, if you got the Phillies showing real interest for example we know they can be aggressive. 

Luis Robert will not bring the return of a 5 WAR player with 3 years of control remaining. If the White Sox have decided to move on from him, it will be at a super large discount. 

He did last this season as a starter which is more than many thought he would do, even though his workload was managed second half he wasn't completely shut down. So I think most teams would take him as a starter but the big issue is how highly do they rate him in terms of what they are willing to give up. Let alone whether we think Getz is capable of getting a decent return judged on his previous deals.