The trade ideas begin! Robert for Holliday ++

southsider2k5

10 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Holliday played more games at SS than 2B in the minors and the scouting reports I’ve read say he’s at least average defensively at SS.  They moved him to 2B because they weren’t going to move their All-Star Gunnar Henderson from SS.  But fine, I’ll take a 2B prospect with a .928 OPS in the minors.  You think he’s overrated because of 190 at bats in the majors.  He’s 20 years old.  This isn’t a 24 year old Vargas with 509 career at bats.

He’s overrated because unless he carries a .928 OPS into mlb no second basemen should be the #1 overall prospect in mlb. I don’t care what position he played in high school or minor leagues, he doesn’t have the arm strength to play SS. His arm is barely good enough to play 2b in mlb.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/jackson-holliday-702616?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

57 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He’s overrated because unless he carries a .928 OPS into mlb no second basemen should be the #1 overall prospect in mlb. I don’t care what position he played in high school or minor leagues, he doesn’t have the arm strength to play SS. His arm is barely good enough to play 2b in mlb.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/jackson-holliday-702616?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

His younger brother is the one with the hose for an arm...

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

His younger brother is the one with the hose for an arm...

Yup. Now that dude is worthy of the #1 overall prospect rating if he can hit. He’s impressive all around.

Anyways, I think it would be foolish to trade Crochet straight up for any single prospect, especially Jackson Holliday. At this point, I’d be looking for a volume deal of something like Crawford, Caba, Saltiban, and DeMartini from the Phillies. The top end of the Sox farm looks good but still need to build depth particularly with so many holes on the MLB roster.

21 hours ago, almagest said:

That's why I don't want to trade him, because no one is going to pay what the Sox need to help turn this thing around. They're better off hoping he rebounds this year.

I tend to agree, but OTOH, I suspect his baseball stupidity is contagious, so I could go either way. I am looking forward to the day when there are none remaining from the fabled “core”

38 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I would straight up trade Robert for Holliday in a heartbeat.

Robert yes, Crochet no

Edit: Sox should even be willing to throw in $15M if a Robert for Holliday trade is then on the table if Orioles are concerned about the cost of the options years

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Robert yes, Crochet no

Edit: Sox should even be willing to throw in $15M if a Robert for Holliday trade is then on the table if Orioles are concerned about the cost of the options years

First of all, when does Reinsdorf ever approve including that kind of money in a trade?

Even if he did, I think the Orioles would rather have 6 years of a cheap Holliday rather than 3 years of Robert for $40 million.

25:$15M, 26:$20M club option ($2M buyout). 27:$20M club option ($2M buyout)

14 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Robert yes, Crochet no

Make it $100 million that the White Sox are throwing in and you might have the Orioles' interest.