Managerial “Search”

Rey21

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Some internet smoke it’s Nevin….cause of course 

seems like a tony hire. Nothing will change until reinsdorf is dead or sells. Then we are off to nashville anyway

Edited by whitesoxwinner
  • Paper Bag 1

9 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

seems like a tony hire. Nothing will change until reinsdorf is dead or sells. Then we are of to nashville anyway

The second part of your sentence is accurate...the third part is not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This isn't making the argument that you think it's making.

The meme is: if somebody's been a manager previously, they're a retread. If they haven't, they're a cheap newbie. Everything's a negative. 

You're reading an edited version where I took out some snark. I should have just deleted. 

23 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The second part of your sentence is accurate...the third part is not.  

Thank you Lip Man. Don't know if I already did, but wanted to congratulate you on your end of season award from the sox. Thank you for all you do for the fans. With that said, have you seen this article from barstool carl? Feels like a good summary of what could happen.
Here is the link: https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3529249/billionaire-governor-jb-pritzker-refuses-to-buy-the-white-sox-a-new-stadium

Edited by whitesoxwinner

33 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Thank you Lip Man. Don't know if I already did, but wanted to congratulate you on your end of season award from the sox. Thank you for all you do for the fans. With that said, have you seen this article from barstool carl? Feels like a good summary of what could happen.
Here is the link: https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3529249/billionaire-governor-jb-pritzker-refuses-to-buy-the-white-sox-a-new-stadium

Why would he be the one that writes this?  

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

And if it's a guy with any experience as a major league manager, he'll be a "retread". 

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

And if it's a guy with any experience as a major league manager, he'll be a "retread". 

To me a retread is a guy like Nevin. Has some experience, didn’t win. Lost his job, no one else but Chris Getz seems interested. I’d take Buck, but wouldn’t understand why he would want the job. And having your head buried so far up Getz’s ass, you missed my point. He was part of the group that brought in Pedro. It wasn’t his final decision but there is no doubt he was on board, and the  Sox were so blown away by him they hired him, but apparently weren’t too sure he could run a game, and a bench coach with managerial experience was required. Seems pretty contradictory to me. I didn’t pick up on it at the time, but it will be a red flag for me from now on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, whitesoxwinner said:

seems like a tony hire. Nothing will change until reinsdorf is dead or sells. Then we are off to nashville anyway

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Skip would have been a Tony hire

Nevin seems like a Reinsdorf hire, which presumably means a Getz hire.

26 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

To me a retread is a guy like Nevin. Has some experience, didn’t win. Lost his job, no one else but Chris Getz seems interested. I’d take Buck, but wouldn’t understand why he would want the job. And having your head buried so far up Getz’s ass, you missed my point. He was part of the group that brought in Pedro. It wasn’t his final decision but there is no doubt he was on board, and the  Sox were so blown away by him they hired him, but apparently weren’t too sure he could run a game, and a bench coach with managerial experience was required. Seems pretty contradictory to me. I didn’t pick up on it at the time, but it will be a red flag for me from now on.

Well, that's uncalled for. 

So far, there's 3 teams looking for a manager this off-season. The Reds grabbed up Terry Francona, and the Marlins are shopping in the same budget bins the White Sox are. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Nevin's name come up there. 

Since you're a guy who will nail someone with a single comment for an entire season, you are now the "Every little nugget on Grifol is excellent" guy. Thanks for the 41-121 season, pal. At least we now know where your head is buried. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Well, that's uncalled for. 

So far, there's 3 teams looking for a manager this off-season. The Reds grabbed up Terry Francona, and the Marlins are shopping in the same budget bins the White Sox are. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Nevin's name come up there. 

Since you're a guy who will nail someone with a single comment for an entire season, you are now the "Every little nugget on Grifol is excellent" guy. Thanks for the 41-121 season, pal. At least we now know where your head is buried. 

I admitted I was way off on Grifol, and it didn’t take long. Getz put together a team that lost more games than any other in modern MLB history and you still think he knows what he’s doing.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I admitted I was way off on Grifol, and it didn’t take long. Getz put together a team that lost more games than any other in modern MLB history and you still think he knows what he’s doing.

No, I actually accept the reality of what Getz was dealt, and I'm still waiting to see how he proceeds now that he's able to move on from KW/Hahn's people, "every little nugget on Grifol is excellent" guy.

I admit that JFK isn't alive and held captive on Ari Onasis' island. Have you figured out "who out there is clearly better" than Grifol, yet? 

15 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

No, I actually accept the reality of what Getz was dealt, and I'm still waiting to see how he proceeds now that he's able to move on from KW/Hahn's people, "every little nugget on Grifol is excellent" guy.

I admit that JFK isn't alive and held captive on Ari Onasis' island. Have you figured out "who out there is clearly better" than Grifol, yet? 

So you know Pedro is bad but have no idea with Getz yet they were dealing with the same players, many Getz “developed” or signed or traded for.: There is actually more of a White Sox record to show Getz is in over his head than Pedro was, and it was pretty clear Pedro was a month into his reign.

My opinion on a guy who all I knew about was what I read, which I wrote, and once saw for myself what he was changed  it. As it turned out, there were a lot that would have been better. But whoever they hired wouldn’t have been able to overcome Chris Getz’s incompetence.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

So you know Pedro is bad but have no idea with Getz yet they were dealing with the same players, many Getz “developed” or signed or traded for.: There is actually more of a White Sox record to show Getz is in over his head than Pedro was, and it was pretty clear Pedro was a month into his reign.

My opinion on a guy who all I knew about was what I read, which I wrote, and once saw for myself what he was changed my opinion. As it turned out, there were a lot that would have been better. But whoever they hired wouldn’t have been able to overcome Chris Getz’s incompetence.

Oh, of course, even Ron Washington, who was available at the time, was probably singing Grifol's praises for anyone who would listen. Nobody was screaming about "another KC hire" when you announced to the world, "What's not to like"?

I should let you go, "every little nugget on Grifol is excellent" guy. (Can I just call you EL NOGIE for short?)  Pedro needs his bathwater before you wear his heinie like a ski mask. 

A Man With Two Buckets Of Water by Peter Essick

Edited by WestEddy

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Oh, of course, even Ron Washington, who was available at the time, was probably singing Grifol's praises for anyone who would listen. Nobody was screaming about "another KC hire" when you announced to the world, "What's not to like"?

I should let you go, "every little nugget on Grifol is excellent" guy. (Can I just call you EL NOGIE for short?)  Pedro needs his bathwater before you wear his heinie like a ski mask. 

A Man With Two Buckets Of Water by Peter Essick

Whatever, Pedro sucks. I am glad he is toast.  Was calling for his firing for a long time, now I am carrying water. Getz may even be worse. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

It's not even internet smoke. Someone saw him there. I'm sure the other finalists have also been there.

I'm sure every manager still in the running is "a LaRussa guy". Wasn't Manny Machado seen wearing a suit outside Comiskey when we didn't sign him?