Managerial “Search”

Rey21

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Whatever, Pedro sucks. I am glad he is toast. Getz may even be worse.

You have my condolences, El Nogie. Had you not assured us Grifol was the best person available for the job, things might have gone differently. 

Carry Water With A Carrying Pole PNG Transparent Images Free Download |  Vector Files | Pngtree

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I'm sure every manager still in the running is "a LaRussa guy". Wasn't Manny Machado seen wearing a suit outside Comiskey when we didn't sign him?

Nothing states give us the benefit of the doubt like mentioning a failed signing. 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Whatever, Pedro sucks. I am glad he is toast.  Was calling for his firing for a long time, now I am carrying water. Getz may even be worse. 

Don’t worry.  There’s only one water carrier on this board and we all know who it is.  His love for Getz can only be matched by his love of water.

IMG-2062.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Don’t worry.  There’s only one water carrier on this board and we all know who it is.  His love for Getz can only be matched by his love of water.

IMG-2062.jpg

That's you running to Chris Getz' office to tell him about the wonder of Michael A. Taylor. It's weird that the Pirates had Taylor, Canaan Smith-Njigba AND Joey Bart, yet still didn't make the World Series. Maybe they needed every little excellent nugget on Grifol?

Edited by WestEddy

9 hours ago, fathom said:

Skip would have been a Tony hire

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Nevin seems like a Reinsdorf hire, which presumably means a Getz hire.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/mlb/diamondbacks/2015/09/16/diamondbacks-tony-la-russa-phil-nevin-could-hot-managerial-candidate/72343042/
I was right yet again. Not sure why many posters here thought it was shumacher. It would've been had he wanted the job. But he didn't want the job, and that was clear. Why would he quit the marlins just to go to the white sox?

• Like 1

I kind of enjoy the info that Harold provides to the board (for free by the way). All of the bitching and moaning about him and his info is fucking absurd. It would suck if he went away or stopped sharing with random message board people. 

• Thanks 1