Managerial “Search”

Rey21

48 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Making a mockery of the sport and destroying your brand, possibly permanently, in a year you can’t pick higher than 10 doesn’t matter?  That’s a weird take.

Not what this thread is about so you wanted the Sox to go all in on 2024 because they couldn’t pick higher than 10 in 2025? The team needed to undergo a rebuild in the worst way after the TLR failure and 2024. I’m glad they didn’t delay the process and are actually doing it. I do wish they went into 2024 with a new manager but here we are. The brand is fine, all will be well as they get better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Making a mockery of the sport and destroying your brand, possibly permanently, in a year you can’t pick higher than 10 doesn’t matter?  That’s a weird take.

Fans have an incredibly short memory. Place will be electric again if they ever put it together.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

Fans have an incredibly short memory. Place will be electric again if they ever put it together.

The fact they they let the team get historically bad when they should have been in a middle of a promised contention window, isn’t going to help. It will delay any full on comeback IMO. They have even turned off many who live for White Sox baseball. I still watch, but not fully engaged like I have been for most of my life, and they probably have lost some forever, and won’t get some who would have been fans if things were better, but moved on to something else. It will be interesting to see how  people react if this current group actually builds a team that contends. There is more mistrust than ever, so I don’t think the seats would be filled regularly until the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Boopa1219 said:

Not what this thread is about so you wanted the Sox to go all in on 2024 because they couldn’t pick higher than 10 in 2025? The team needed to undergo a rebuild in the worst way after the TLR failure and 2024. I’m glad they didn’t delay the process and are actually doing it. I do wish they went into 2024 with a new manager but here we are. The brand is fine, all will be well as they get better. 

I think the pitching staff stands to be a clear upgrade over the bunch that broke camp in 2024. Even if they keep Grady, I think they head into 2025 with a lot more energy than this last season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:

I’m of the opinion that records don’t matter for rebuilding teams. And this was a team that was always going to be worse than 2023’s. I think too many people are caught up on something that ultimately doesn’t matter. 

I am of the opinion that being the worst in history does matter.  A lot of teams rebuild.   None of them have ever lost 121 times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

And then pretending that the fans don't deserve to know what they are doing better or differently is the most Jerry thing ever.  Shut up and buy tickets, otherwise you don't matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

The fact they they let the team get historically bad when they should have been in a middle of a promised contention window, isn’t going to help. It will delay any full on comeback IMO. They have even turned off many who live for White Sox baseball. I still watch, but not fully engaged like I have been for most of my life, and they probably have lost some forever, and won’t get some who would have been fans if things were better, but moved on to something else. It will be interesting to see how  people react if this current group actually builds a team that contends. There is more mistrust than ever, so I don’t think the seats would be filled regularly until the playoffs.

Mistrust AND  no effort to bridge it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I think the pitching staff stands to be a clear upgrade over the bunch that broke camp in 2024. Even if they keep Grady, I think they head into 2025 with a lot more energy than this last season. 

Yes, the rotation should be interesting.  Bullpen could easily be crap again but I don’t see the lineup scoring enough runs for them to win many games.

5 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:

In fact the brand is not fine as we have seen countless national articles detailing the disaster that is the brand.

Who said we wanted them to go all in?  I said it does in fact matter when you have a franchise crippling season, not merely a bad team.  

Also would have been nice if Getz would have been up front with customers and not lied to them about rebuilding.  Yet another failing with this franchise, they cannot be honest with customers … Ever.

6 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

The Cubs are about to finish a second rebuild.  There is a generation of kids growing up and not giving the Sox a second thought.  And who can blame them?

Other than the hat/logo, 2023 Luis Robert and 2024 Garrett Crochet, there's absolutely nothing interesting about this franchise unless you love young/left-handed pitching...while it lasts.

• Thanks 2

On 10/12/2024 at 4:28 PM, southsider2k5 said:

This was the worst season in the history of baseball in terms of losses.  I would call that a pretty clear sign of the quality of the GM, manager, or anyone else connected to this organization.  Your hyperventilating over people not being positive after a 121 loss season continues to be almost fake in it's persistence plus indignation. 

Well having the worst season seems to have empowered you to feel right about many things. But you never sway very far from the majority opinion which always guarantees more people will think you're right than wrong.You play it pretty safe.

That 121 loss team indicts mostly those who have had the most power in creating it over time. That's a very high percentage on JR.

Getz has barely started. There's time to blame him down the line even though not recognizing the puppet from the puppet master seems to be willful blindness to ensure you win whatever office you seem to be running for on Soxtalk.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well having the worst season seems to have empowered you to feel right about many things. But you never sway very far from the majority opinion which always guarantees more people will think you're right than wrong.You play it pretty safe.

That 121 loss team indicts mostly those who have had the most power in creating it over time. That's a very high percentage on JR.

Getz has barely started. There's time to blame him down the line even though not recognizing the puppet from the puppet master seems to be willful blindness to ensure you win whatever office you seem to be running for on Soxtalk.

The one area that SouthSider2k5 has gotten boxed in on is criticizing the White Sox fanbase support, historically...only showing up when there's a "winning" (meaning 2nd or 3rd place at worst) or competitive team, or like numerous Sox fans holding out attending games during seasons like 2000/2003/2008/2010/2012 because they were ultimately skeptical about those Sox teams.

It's pretty much impossible to blame Sox fans themselves after the last two seasons of near complete, total sheer ineptitude. That has now become an extreme minority position to STILL support the organization...because there's no way to separate supporting from JR, or buying season tickets or even a suite for one game means you're "okay with how things currently are."

A number of posters USED to cite how much the White Sox payroll was...and use that as proof of ownership commitment...see, they're spending somewhere between 12th and 18th in the big leagues, but they're actually something like 22nd-25th in attendance, but we've all learned from 2021-2025 that sheer spending itself doesn't correlate very strongly with the actual product on the field, or AT ALL, with this current leadership "regime."

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

The Cubs are about to finish a second rebuild.  There is a generation of kids growing up and not giving the Sox a second thought.  And who can blame them?

This is really a vague statement for any team.  It's obvious it's not good enough in their weakened division. They need to spend.  Even Counsell said that.

I don't think you will see a new generation of Sox fans unless they become the AL version of the Dodgers.  I'm not sure there's enough illegal drugs to hallucinate that kind of fantasy.  

Maybe Jerry has hopes the city of Nashville would have no clue what a s%*# organization he runs.  I guess they would have to be blind to miss all of the articles.

11 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:

I’m not sure how you can argue the brand is fine.  There has been considerable damage done.  That doesn’t mean we can’t recover, but we have a reached a new low point that hasn’t been topped since the strike.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Is that the case if Crochet is gone? Between Crochet and Fedde, that’s most of the quality in the White Sox pitching staff. Hard to count on rookies, even heralded ones, to make up for that.

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not sure how you can argue the brand is fine.  There has been considerable damage done.  That doesn’t mean we can’t recover, but we have a reached a new low point that hasn’t been topped since the strike.

Again, since the start of the divisional playoffs structure, there has been almost 100 seasons where a team lost 100 or more games.  Plenty of those seasons have had mass firings,  incompetent ownership,  player injuries,  and idiots taking over jobs and still NONE of them managed to fall to more than 120 wins the next season.  Pretending this was some inevitable step in rebuilding is an absurd afront to the fans, and frankly insulting.  Fans have earned the right to be mad, and will be until things like results actually change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Is that the case if Crochet is gone? Between Crochet and Fedde, that’s most of the quality in the White Sox pitching staff. Hard to count on rookies, even heralded ones, to make up for that.

The Sox rotation should be interesting once Schultz and Smith arrive, but that maybe 2026.