Good or Bad

2Deep

26 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

That inning by MK gave my goosebumps 

What could have been.

Good luck to Michael Kopech  and his journey, It  did not work out here......it doesn't for most 

The pity was how little we got back for a rough diamond like MK.  Fireballer relievers throwing 102 mph should have commanded a top prospect.  Baseball people knew that MK with a better environment and coaching would be an invaluable asset.  Getz screwed it up. IMO.

• Like 1

Our franchise is a disaster, JR refuses to hire good scouts and the best people around to develop our players at both the Major and Minor league levels but to tell you the truth I thought Kopech was a lost cause but because he went to an organization that does everything right in order to win they were able to turn MK around to the pitcher we thought he was always going to be.
f*** JR and his cheap and antiquated ways that have just about destroyed the White Sox franchise while becoming the laughing stock of MLB.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 3
  • Paper Bag 1

52 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Our franchise is a disaster, JR refuses to hire good scouts and the best people around to develop our players at both the Major and Minor league levels but to tell you the truth I thought Kopech was a lost cause but because he went to an organization that does everything right in order to win they were able to turn MK around to the pitcher we thought he was always going to be.
f*** JR and his cheap and antiquated ways that have just about destroyed the White Sox franchise while becoming the laughing stock of MLB.

Actually it was the Sox who turned him around when he finally decided to trust his coaches. The problem was it was only his last 5 appearance with the Sox which was roughly only a week and a half before the TDL .

2 minutes ago, 46DidIt said:

That’s some quality gaslighting there. Why you hate Dick Allen so much

sure go find the quotes of who was being disingenuous but don't call everyone a general "you". i don't give a s%*# about dick or kopech but pretending like NO ONE IN THE WORLD thought it was a bad return for Kopech is what's really gaslit.  If you don't have a fuckin argument then that's when everyone becomes "you" 

I know it's easy to paint everyone as even dumber than you are when you're wrong for being wrong for the wrong reasons "it was just the analytical department's fault" what kind of weak wristed opinion is that. like if we had 4 dorks saying "Kopech should throw more fastballs" somehow what? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobbydanks said:

sure go find the quotes of who was being disingenuous but don't call everyone a general "you". i don't give a s%*# about dick or kopech but pretending like NO ONE IN THE WORLD thought it was a bad return for Kopech is what's really gaslit.  If you don't have a fuckin argument then that's when everyone becomes "you" 

I know it's easy to paint everyone as even dumber than you are when you're wrong for being wrong for the wrong reasons "it was just the analytical department's fault" what kind of weak wristed opinion is that. like if we had 4 dorks saying "Kopech should throw more fastballs" somehow what? 

I did mention many, not everyone. Many would be correct. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bobbydanks said:

You don’t hate him but now you’re throwing homophobic insults at him, nice. I guess being an ass hole is just your schtick?

8 minutes ago, bobbydanks said:

you could also say "some" but it'd still be meaningless. we're discussing it now, not a few months ago

Right and bitching about the return after getting nothing would have been just fine for you, and I am not saying you specifically because I don’t know if you were calling for his release, but there were more than a few who were, is disingenuous. Nothing is exactly what the White Sox got for him.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Right and bitching about the return after getting nothing would have been just fine for you, and I am not saying you specifically because I don’t know if you were calling for his release, but there were more than a few who were, is disingenuous. Nothing is exactly what the White Sox got for him.

That's fair I just don't like it when everyone someone disagrees with is pigeonholed into a general "you" 

Sure there were people that wanted Kopech DFA'd but there were also a healthy amount of people that thought getting a failed hitting prospect who can't play defense at any position was still a shitty return. I don't think either "side" predicted Kopech would be throwing 102 mph at the end of a 1-2-3 inning in the playoffs. I think what I'm getting at is that it's fine to be wrong. I called the Twins fools' gold that would find a way to miss the playoffs but I also didn't expect it would be the Tigers that would unseat them. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It is disingenuous for many here to complain about the return for Kopech. There were a ton of posts calling for his release. A team with a competent analytics department saw him as free money. 

This is true but he was lights out for 5.1 innings right before he was traded.  I realize it’s a small sample size but Kopech wasn’t sucking right before he was traded.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

11 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

It is disingenuous for many here to complain about the return for Kopech. There were a ton of posts calling for his release. A team with a competent analytics department saw him as free money. 

What irritates me more is the Dodger coaches day 1 said you are throwing to many fastballs and to mix it up more. Yet nobody on this unqualified staff could help MK.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

What irritates me more is the Dodger coaches day 1 said you are throwing to many fastballs and to mix it up more. Yet nobody on this unqualified staff could help MK.

This is patently false.  There was an entire article after the immaculate inning where Kopech said the Sox had been telling him this forever but he hadn't listened.  The staff was fine here.  Kopech refused to listen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Sox coaches to,d him that and he finally listened in his last 5 appearances. The guy is stubborn. Certainly not Bannister’s fault.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

If you've watched him lately you see the old Kopech surfacing.

Getting rid of him isn't the bad part as packaging MLB players and the highlight was Vargas.  

No other GM could accomplish such a bad trade.  I guess this is Jerry's way of getting better quicker and Getz wanting patience so he can make even more costly mistakes.

How everyone forgets he was incompetent in his previous role. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

If you've watched him lately you see the old Kopech surfacing.

Getting rid of him isn't the bad part as packaging MLB players and the highlight was Vargas.  

No other GM could accomplish such a bad trade.  I guess this is Jerry's way of getting better quicker and Getz wanting patience so he can make even more costly mistakes.

How everyone forgets he was incompetent in his previous role. 

We haven't forgotten how bad he was in player development, but he's just made so many bad moves as a GM that it's overshadowing his bad past job.

• Like 2