Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli

Sleepy Harold

Longtime majority owner Jerry Reinsdorf is open to selling the Chicago White Sox, sources briefed on the matter but not authorized to discuss it publicly told The Athletic, and the 88-year-old Reinsdorf is in active discussions with a group led by former big leaguer Dave Stewart.

Edited by Sleepy Harold

17 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Holy shite. A group led by Dave Stewart though? Sell to a giga billionaire please. 

4 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Just came here to post about Stewart and his Nashville connections….gotta love it

Same here, I don’t want groups led by so and so, I want a guy or gal who has tons of money and isn’t afraid to spend it while keeping them in Chicago.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Same here, I don’t want groups led by so and so, I want a guy or gal who has tons of money and isn’t afraid to spend it.

It can be good: The Dodgers are a group-owned organization and they drastically turned things around post-McCourts.

It's just that Dave Stewart would be catastrophic.

Tony Larussa is the glue for this.  The same Dave Stewart that allowed TLR to hire a vet to be their analytics guy and traded Shelby Miller for Dansby Swanson?  That guy.  Stewart would move this franchise to Nashville in a heartbeat.  Tony is basically Thanos. 

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Same here, I don’t want groups led by so and so, I want a guy or gal who has tons of money and isn’t afraid to spend it while keeping them in Chicago.

This group also tried buying the Rays and Marlins. They failed both times because they don't have the money and no billionaire backer. Almost seems like a scam, but one Jerry can use for leverage I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Tony Larussa is the glue for this.  The same Dave Stewart that allowed TLR to hire a vet to be their analytics guy and traded Shelby Miller for Dansby Swanson?  That guy.  Stewart would move this franchise to Nashville in a heartbeat.  Tony is basically Thanos. 

Yep, this would be a worst case scenario

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

There’s never been a doubt in my mind Jerry would force a sell of the Sox to someone who will own a team like he thinks they should be.

This 1000 percent will be the case. I guess in this situation if they were to truly move to Nashville under the exact same type of owner as Jerry I would be okay with it if someone with a fresh idea to spend money started a new franchise here. The whole Dave Stewart / TLR conneftion has me wanting to puke. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

This 1000 percent will be the case. I guess in this situation if they were to truly move to Nashville under the exact same type of owner as Jerry I would be okay with it if someone with a fresh idea to spend money started a new franchise here. The whole Dave Stewart / TLR conneftion has me wanting to puke. 

I’m done with baseball if the Sox move. This sucks all around

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

To really dump my raw thoughts:

It'd be so fucking Reinsdorfian to f*** over fans in a city that has given him everything: He paid a pittance for the Sox and Bulls and got 7 rings, a stadium, and 2 billion dollar franchises.

In return he broke up a the 90s Bulls and has strung along two fanbases cause he doesn't want to invest and cause computers are hard.

And all because Hawk had to have the worst single fucking season by a GM in the history of baseball when you consider the ramifications, fans have to deal with Reinsdorf blowing up the latest rebuild by hiring TLR, then hiring Getz on TLR's recommendation and now, if they sell to Stewart, it'll surely be with TLR's blessing.

f*** Jerry and f*** TLR.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 4

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m done with baseball if the Sox move. This sucks all around

I definitely could not have a rooting interest in a baseball organization outside of Chicago. The only hopes for me staying a baseball fan would be if they brought in a 2nd franchise. Just couldn’t take the son to Wrigley and surely wouldn’t make a drive to Nashville to see this team

• Like 2