Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli

26 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yeah, the issue is location.  LMAO.

The latest TLR interview is even more embarrassing.  TLR basically absolved Jerry of any blame and said he is a great owner.  He instead blamed all the people JERRY FREAKING HIRED.  You can’t make this stuff up.  I’ll have to find the interview video/transcript and create a thread on it.  I heard about it on Mully and Haugh this morning on The Score.

EDIT:  Here it is…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Green Line said:

That wasn't a very reassuring statement.

What do you mean?  Manfred literally said, “I have confidence that things are going to work out in Chicago and we’re going to continue to have two teams in Chicago.”

Manfred just questioned the location of the current stadium, which is a bunch of BS anyways.  The problem is the owner and how every decision he makes turns to cow dung.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

What do you mean?  Manfred literally said, “I have confidence that things are going to work out in Chicago and we’re going to continue to have two teams in Chicago.”

Manfred just questioned the location of the current stadium, which is a bunch of BS anyways.  The problem is the owner and how every decision he makes turns to cow dung.

Manfred is completely two faced, so I wouldn't take him at his word, especially on a local Chicago show. If there is a way to line his and Jerry's pockets by moving, he'll be all over it. Oakland is the perfect example.

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Manfred is completely two faced, so I wouldn't take him at his word, especially on a local Chicago show. If there is a way to line his and Jerry's pockets by moving, he'll be all over it. Oakland is the perfect example.

Was that local?  Not a big deal to me...but I thought that was Parkins' new gig in NY on a FSR national show?

1 hour ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Was that local?  Not a big deal to me...but I thought that was Parkins' new gig in NY on a FSR national show?

Correct it was the national show where he asked him about the White Sox situation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrittBurnsFan said:

Ah, I pay so little attention to sports radio that I assumed Parkins was still with the Score. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2024 at 12:28 PM, whitesoxfan99 said:

And don't really generate jobs (and almost all the jobs they do generate are low wage and seasonal)?  

Correct. The White Sox are not some huge Chicagoland employer. Most of the jobs they generate are outsourced anyways. All the people working the concession stands are not actually employed by the White Sox.