Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli

Sleepy Harold

If someone would like to send a letter to Jerry R, is there a specific business address to send him such a letter?   i would welcome a chance to send him a letter and give him some of my thought on how sad this would be if the Sox moved from Chicago to Nashville.   i’ve been a fan for just under 60 years, the thought of them deserting the South Side is almost criminal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Which is always the part about a potential "move" that never made sense to me. The growth is here for an ownership group that actually gives a s%*#.

I will be honest, I think the odds of the Sox moving are less than 5%.  I am a firm believer in that MLB wants a 2nd team in Chicago, because it is more profitable for them to be here.  Whether that is the White Sox, or the expansion White Sox, there will be a 2nd team here for the future.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wegner said:

Sell em to Mellody Hobson....still get the 1st Black majority owner and Dave Stewart gets shut out.....that's a win win in my book.

I still say JR is not selling though.

I 100% think this is happening behind the scenes.  It makes too much sense with what we know already.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Johno said:

If someone would like to send a letter to Jerry R, is there a specific business address to send him such a letter?   i would welcome a chance to send him a letter and give him some of my thought on how sad this would be if the Sox moved from Chicago to Nashville.   i’ve been a fan for just under 60 years, the thought of them deserting the South Side is almost criminal

333 West 35th street Chicago IL 60616

• Thanks 1

I love Locked On White Sox Todd Welter's take on Dave Stewart. I don't want Stewart in a GM or any baseball decision role with the White Sox.

Also there is no way Dave Stewart will ever be the majority owner of a baseball team because he doesn't have the money.

Stewart could end up doing what Derek Jeter did with Miami and being a part owner, but that is far from being the majority owner that makes all the final decisions.

11 minutes ago, Johno said:

My guess is that you could probably send an email to his loyal minions, Scott Reifert and Brooks Boyer.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

Here is the game plan:

The Bears remodel existing Solider Field

The Sox move to The 78

The Fire move into Sox Park

The Jacksonville Jaguars or better yet, the Tennesse Titans buy Arlington Park and build a new stadium , up your's Nashville

Edited by Falstaff

4 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

Here is the game plan:

The Bears remodel existing Solider Field

The Sox move to The 78

The Fire move into Sox Park

The Jacksonville Jaguars or better yet, the Tennesse Titans buy Arlington Park and build a new stadium 

bring back the chicago cardinals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Which is always the part about a potential "move" that never made sense to me. The growth is here for an ownership group that actually gives a s%*#.

The move talk definitely does give off a certain vibe

Frinkiac - S08E08 - WE'VE TRIED NOTHING, AND WE'RE ALL OUT OF IDEAS.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Brooks Boyer actually responds personally, i had a back and forth with him over emaill about the TLR hire years back

I did as well. All he could do was exclaim how exciting the team on the field would be while completely avoiding any response to my concerns about the hire.

I read on Facebook where White Sox historian Richard Lindberg said that there is no local owner who would buy the White Sox and keep them in Chicago. If this is true it looks like there is a real good chance of them moving out of state.

8 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I read on Facebook where White Sox historian Richard Lindberg said that there is no local owner who would buy the White Sox and keep them in Chicago. If this is true it looks like there is a real good chance of them moving out of state.

They aren't moving. Chicago isn't Oakland,or Montreal. 

44 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Still amazes me how excited some people seem to be about the team leaving the state.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Why would a historian know

51 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

What is his source?

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

With all due respect to Rich who is a long time friend but he has been talking about the Sox moving for the last 20 years in part he has said because of the fan dislike towards JR.

He says the fan base won't support the team so in essence what choice does JR have?

Naturally I disagree with Rich and have told him so.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JoeC said:

I’m going to go out on a crazy limb and predict that Michael Jordan buys the Sox.

Has money? Check.

Ties to the organization? Check

Completely illogical and unrealistic, but that’s my prediction.

Dude has a NASCAR team and is now threatening to unravel the entire sport, so, weirder s%*# has happened.