Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli

Sleepy Harold

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Better yet, the Obama's and Jordan working together...it's not exactly like the Cubs' ownership group is non-partisan.

Cubs' fans are probably what 25-30% Dem?

Sox fandom probably the same split in the opposite direction...if not moreso.

Dr. Dre could probably afford the team pooling his money with Jay Z...who already has that sports agency business.

Or any of them could partner with Hobson, in theory.

Why the f*** am I reading this thread anymore?

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Why the f*** am I reading this thread anymore?

Who is the most famous White Sox fan in the world...and has unparalleled access to billionaires?

I keep reading throughout this thread that there's nobody in the entire metro area willing to buy the team...

Are you going to quit being a White Sox fan if Hobson and George Lucas somehow become majority owners when they already have a 30-40% stake?

You are aware of which side of the political fence they are on...yes?

It's undoubtedly a large part of why Ron is such a closet Cubs' fan.

Heck...political affiliations around sports reach as deep as your team's beer of choice, for generations it was Miller Lite vs. Coors/Budweiser.

Plus, the SouthSide has always been associated with blue collar and labor unions and being the underdog in the face of the opposite...unless we suddenly choose to ignore all these things.

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I read on Facebook where White Sox historian Richard Lindberg said that there is no local owner who would buy the White Sox and keep them in Chicago. If this is true it looks like there is a real good chance of them moving out of state.

Lindbergh said this exact same thing during a question and answer session which followed a presentation he delivered on White Sox History which took place at my local library, six or seven years ago. Apparently he still believes today what he believed all those years ago. His opinion carries a lot of weight. 

2 minutes ago, Lightly Folded said:

Lindbergh said this exact same thing during a question and answer session which followed a presentation he delivered on White Sox History which took place at my local library, six or seven years ago. Apparently he still believes today what he believed all those years ago. His opinion carries a lot of weight. 

he has been saying this for a lot longer than six or seven years. Like I wrote, Rich is a friend but I think he is very wrong with his belief in this case. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Isn't it true that, had it not been for the legislature pretending a clock had stopped before midnight, right now the Tampa Bay White Sox would be figuring out what stadium they were going to play in next year after their roof was shredded by a hurricane?

Media rights hadn't blown up 100x by that point. 

Edited by Buehrle>Wood
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Who is the most famous White Sox fan in the world...and has unparalleled access to billionaires?

I keep reading throughout this thread that there's nobody in the entire metro area willing to buy the team...

Are you going to quit being a White Sox fan if Hobson and George Lucas somehow become majority owners when they already have a 30-40% stake?

You are aware of which side of the political fence they are on...yes?

It's undoubtedly a large part of why Ron is such a closet Cubs' fan.

Heck...political affiliations around sports reach as deep as your team's beer of choice, for generations it was Miller Lite vs. Coors/Budweiser.

Plus, the SouthSide has always been associated with blue collar and labor unions and being the underdog in the face of the opposite...unless we suddenly choose to ignore all these things.

I just mean that the thread started with a rumor and multiple pages of good arguments why it would or wouldn’t happen. Then it devolved into nonsense.

16 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Yes.  It wasn’t by design.  Contreras had an ERA of 5.30 the previous year.  Jenks was off the scrap heap.  Dumb luck.

No one expected much from El Duke either. Iguchi was a virtual unknown too. It was a magical season where everything broke right more often than not. Finishing 3rd in 2006 with arguably a better team on paper speaks to just how much of an outlier fluke 2005 was.

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

No one expected much from El Duke either. Iguchi was a virtual unknown too. It was a magical season where everything broke right more often than not. Finishing 3rd in 2006 with arguably a better team on paper speaks to just how much of an outlier fluke 2005 was.

2005 was fluky lucky in which everything went right.

The 2006 offense was crazy good and the team should have been better than the 2005 team, but the pitching, both the starters and bullpen, completely went into the shitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Yes.  It wasn’t by design.  Contreras had an ERA of 5.30 the previous year.  Jenks was off the scrap heap.  Dumb luck.

But Jenks always had the talent/hype.

So did Contreras when the Yankees originally signed him.

Maybe Cotts and Politte were dumb luck that year.

47 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Or how good the Tigers with Verlander/Miggy and Twins with Santan/Liriano were down the stretch…