Jerry Reinsdorf open to selling the White Sox per Britt Ghiroli

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I definitely could not have a rooting interest in a baseball organization outside of Chicago. The only hopes for me staying a baseball fan would be if they brought in a 2nd franchise. Just couldn’t take the son to Wrigley and surely wouldn’t make a drive to Nashville to see this team

Yea if they move I'm not following them. Would probably just become a Mets fan, a very half assed casual one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

To really dump my raw thoughts:

It'd be so fucking Reinsdorfian to f*** over fans in a city that has given him everything: He paid a pittance for the Sox and Bulls and got 7 rings, a stadium, and 2 billion dollar franchises.

In return he broke up a the 90s Bulls and has strung along two fanbases cause he doesn't want to invest and cause computers are hard.

And all because Hawk had to have the worst single fucking season by a GM in the history of baseball when you consider the ramifications, fans have to deal with Reinsdorf blowing up the latest rebuild by hiring TLR, then hiring Getz on TLR's recommendation and now, if they sell to Stewart, it'll surely be with TLR's blessing.

f*** Jerry and f*** TLR.

Great post. Even though I despise what our Sox have become, selling them to a group that will IMMEDIATELY move 'em to Nashville is distasteful. The Sox are an embarrassing mess but everything u wrote here is true. The end of the JR era has nullified any good will over the 05 title and Bulls dynasty made possible by MJ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Great post. Even though I despise what our Sox have become, selling them to a group that will IMMEDIATELY move 'em to Nashville is distasteful. The Sox are an embarrassing mess but everything u wrote here is true. The end of the JR era has nullified any good will over the 05 title and Bulls dynasty made possible by MJ.

Don't worry, they'll keep them in chicago for 2 years, then claim the city can't support the team, THEN get rubber stamped to move them to nashville.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why would this be good news?  Either they move or their owner is just as stupid as Jerry.

Zero good news will come if this happens. Sox have a trend of going from Bad to worse as of late….

We downgraded coaches going from Ricky to Tony to Pedo

We downgraded GMs going from Hahn to Getz

It would be the cherry on top of it all downgrading ownership from Jerry to Dave Stewart which drives the team out of town. 

• Like 2

At this point it would not be hard for me to switch allegiances to the cubs if the sox left. They have just done everything possible to ruin baseball, to the point that the only game I'd like to go to next year in that stadium is a harlem globetrotters game basically.

The only redeeming thing JR could do at this point is to have a public funeral so I could piss on his casket.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

At this point it would not be hard for me to switch allegiances to the cubs if the sox left. They have just done everything possible to ruin baseball, to the point that the only game I'd like to go to next year in that stadium is a harlem globetrotters game basically.

The only redeeming thing JR could do at this point is to have a public funeral so I could piss on his casket.

You going to the Bananas game? I'll buy you a cold one :cheers

2 minutes ago, bear_brian said:

As far as I understand, any buyer and associated move from Chicago would have to be approved by the other owners. I cannot believe the other owners would abandon Chicago to the Cubs.

It’s the Sox…somehow we’ll learn that Tony is responsible for organizing the vote amongst the owners