How the Sox went from 12th in fWAR/talent to last

caulfield12

3 hours ago, almagest said:

Everyone here says Getz should never have been hired, and agrees that so far his moves have been bad. The only differences are that some of us haven't lost sight of how awful KW and Hahn were, and we're not putting their failures at Getz's feet. We're also hopeful that the personnel changes he's making will show some positive returns.

One can only hope that Chris Getz wins the 2029 AL Executive of the Year a decade after Hahn's.

15 hours ago, almagest said:

They’re all terrible.

I was going to go with the records as saying that Getz was still worse, but then I realized, Hahn also employed Getz for years and it makes perfect sense why the players from Hahn’s minor league system were so poorly prepared, poorly coached, and unmotivated. Meanwhile he was apparently angling for Hahn’s job for years too. So who do you blame for Chris Getz, Rick Hahn for employing him or Chris Getz for being him?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I was going to go with the records as saying that Getz was still worse, but then I realized, Hahn also employed Getz for years and it makes perfect sense why the players from Hahn’s minor league system were so poorly prepared, poorly coached, and unmotivated. Meanwhile he was apparently angling for Hahn’s job for years too. So who do you blame for Chris Getz, Rick Hahn for employing him or Chris Getz for being him?

Feels like that is 75% on Hahn and KW for being so complacent and simultaneously at cross purposes.

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Reinsdorf for emptying them all.

• Like 1

I think some of the posts here are missing the bigger problem. It’s not just about player selection. With the players listed having success elsewhere..it’s not about player identification, but how those talents are used and developed. We’ve seen it far too many times for it to be a random coincidence. The coaching and player development, at all levels, just isn’t close to where it needs to be in order to be competitive. 

• Like 2

I was not sure where to post this but since this thread is about on field talent, here we go....

I was at the Night of 1,000 Jack O Lanterns event at the Chicago Botanic Gardens the other evening and one of the themes for the carved pumpkins was "Chicago Sports Rookies".....I quickly wondered if the Sox would be represented but low and behold, right after Angel Reese, was Jonathan Cannon.

Congratulations, Jonathan.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was not sure where to post this but since this thread is about on field talent, here we go....

I was at the Night of 1,000 Jack O Lanterns event at the Chicago Botanic Gardens the other evening and one of the themes for the carved pumpkins was "Chicago Sports Rookies".....I quickly wondered if the Sox would be represented but low and behold, right after Angel Reese, was Jonathan Cannon.

Congratulations, Jonathan.

This is Braden Shewmake erasure.

• Haha 1