Sell the Team, Jerry! The Cry of Every Chicago White Sox Fan Reaches a Crescendo After the Losingest Season in Major League Baseball History

VAfan

Hello Sox Talk bloggers.  At the beginning of last year, I swore off my allegiance to all the sports teams I had followed since I was a kid, including the White Sox.  And I've pretty much held to that.  

But with the horrific and comical season the Sox just finished, I decided to write a book about Jerry Reinsdorf's 44-year mismanagement of the White Sox.  The book name is the title of this post.  You can find the ebook on Amazon.  Here's the link.  The paperback will be up in a day or so.  

I'm giving away free copies of the book to members of Sox Talk because this has always been my White Sox blog home.  You just need to message me your email address so I can send you a pdf copy of the book.  All I ask is that if you like the book, you give me an honest review on Amazon.  Here's that link. 

The book is a decade-by-decade review of all the incompetence of Reinsdorf's oversight of the team.  Believe it or not, the "Sell the Team, Jerry!" title came to me in a dream.  I wasn't even aware that was the name of the fan campaign to oust Reinsdorf, because I don't live in Chicago.  But I have followed the Sox all these years, so this is the inside view of an avid fan and former Sox blogger on this site.  

The book is not all negative. I included my 10,000 word personal recap of the magical 2005 World Series winning season in an Appendix. So you can relive some joy too. 

I hope the book provides fodder for the ongoing campaign to oust JR, which has already forced Reinsdorf to give up his "never selling" mantra.  With more pushing, we might get him to sell. But it will need to be to the right owners, not someone like Reinsdorf who threatens to move the Sox to leverage a new ballpark in the South Loop.  

image.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, VAfan said:

Hello Sox Talk bloggers.  At the beginning of last year, I swore off my allegiance to all the sports teams I had followed since I was a kid, including the White Sox.  And I've pretty much held to that.  

But with the horrific and comical season the Sox just finished, I decided to write a book about Jerry Reinsdorf's 44-year mismanagement of the White Sox.  The book name is the title of this post.  You can find the ebook on Amazon.  Here's the link.  The paperback will be up in a day or so.  

I'm giving away free copies of the book to members of Sox Talk because this has always been my White Sox blog home.  You just need to message me your email address so I can send you a pdf copy of the book.  All I ask is that if you like the book, you give me an honest review on Amazon.  Here's that link. 

The book is a decade-by-decade review of all the incompetence of Reinsdorf's oversight of the team.  Believe it or not, the "Sell the Team, Jerry!" title came to me in a dream.  I wasn't even aware that was the name of the fan campaign to oust Reinsdorf, because I don't live in Chicago.  But I have followed the Sox all these years, so this is the inside view of an avid fan and former Sox blogger on this site.  

The book is not all negative. I included my 10,000 word personal recap of the magical 2005 World Series winning season in an Appendix. So you can relive some joy too. 

I hope the book provides fodder for the ongoing campaign to oust JR, which has already forced Reinsdorf to give up his "never selling" mantra.  With more pushing, we might get him to sell. But it will need to be to the right owners, not someone like Reinsdorf who threatens to move the Sox to leverage a new ballpark in the South Loop.  

image.jpeg

Fantastic idea.

24 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

This is the end of the road…

I’m pretty sure that @VAfan was one of the very last posters that would defend the White Sox on almost each and every move using extensive data analytics that always ended up being wrong.

We have no hope now…

Very funny!  Yes, I got a few things wrong.  Probably the biggest was defending the La Russa hire.  I've seen the light!!  

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

Let me know when you have it available to buy.

It depends on Amazon making it live.  I uploaded it about 24 hours ago.  Could take a day or two more.  I will post here when it's live.  I also uploaded a hardback version that might take a bit longer.  Thank you.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, VAfan said:

It depends on Amazon making it live.  I uploaded it about 24 hours ago.  Could take a day or two more.  I will post here when it's live.  I also uploaded a hardback version that might take a bit longer.  Thank you.

Would like to buy a hardcover edition of the book or a paperback version when it becomes available please. 

7 hours ago, VAfan said:

Very funny!  Yes, I got a few things wrong.  Probably the biggest was defending the La Russa hire.  I've seen the light!!  

I’m not arguing your logic and support.  It was sound.  The Sox just go above and beyond your average terrible moves.  For example — Miguel Vargas’s numbers in the minors.  It seems like the Sox level of scouting on him was looking at his minor league numbers and acquiring him based on the word of an assistant hitting coach that they fired a week later.  Meanwhile, you watch him at the plate or in the field for a few games and the average person would never want to acquire him.

• Like 1