New Gammons article, News on Koch and Paul

Mr. Showtime

Gammons

Then there's the AL Central, where the two best teams, the White Sox and Twins, have to pare payroll. The ChiSox have made it clear they will trade someone, preferably Paul Konerko (not happening), then maybe Magglio Ordonez or even Carlos Lee, especially since the Mets told them to keep Billy Koch after asking for cash in a Koch-Roger Cedeno deal. Having moved Pierzynski, the Twins are making Eric Milton and Jacque Jones available, both of whom have markets. Cleveland is looking for a relatively low cost second baseman to awaken Brandon Phillips and a starting pitcher. The Royals are looking for a catcher, third baseman and second baseman while trying to figure out what to do with superstar Carlos Beltran. Detroit ownership can't seem to figure.

The Mets are dumb pieces of s*** if they thought we were going to do a Koch for Cedeno deal without having the salaries equal out in the end.

There is no doubt in my mind that Maggs is gone next year. I still think that Konerko/Koch is dealt too, though there will be cash involved.

Also look at this bout Colon,

"One of the big concerns everyone has on Colon is that ligament in his elbow," said one GM. "It is ugly."

The Red Sox refused to extend Schilling's contract (which they cannot with Pedro Martinez not extended past 2004), had nothing that interested the Expos (Minaya tried to do a Livan Hernandez-David Ortiz deal last June, but now needs 0-3 service time players), cannot play on Colon, have no interest in Millwood and will wait out the rest of the market.

especially since the Mets told them to keep Billy Koch after asking for cash in a Koch-Roger Cedeno deal.

i would rather have koch than cedeno anyways

I actually do agree. I don't think I'd ever say this, but when you compare Koch's contract to Cedeno's, Koch's contract is more attractive and better for what you get. I'd rather take a chance on Koch returning to form then take a chance on Cedeno returning to form. Koch's is also for one year, Cedeno's for two more.

I just have a hard time believing we will trade mags. I think the sox have a very good shot at the division next year, even if we can't resign mags, why not keep him next year and try and make one last run with this group of players, we came so close this year, why give up?

I would love to have Jacque Jones. However, the Twins would never trade to a division rival, so it would have to be a three-way deal.

And to the loser Mets, we WILL keep Billy Koch. And after he rebounds next year and returns to form, I hope you enjoy suffering, losing, and rotting with Roger Cedeno, asswipes.

:fyou