Mark Redman traded to the Fish!

bulokis

Hey the Marlins gave up on getting Colon and instead they got Mark Redman of the Detroit Tigers. Redman is a lefty starter who had 8-15 with 4.21 ERA. The fish gave up 2 minor league players.

I wish we could have gotten Redman bcoz his numbers could end up pretty good with our offense. It would have also given us another lefty starter we surely need.

Well, at least the Marlins are doing some things to better their team being one of the small market teams and all! KW wake up!!! Get us a starter (or 2 veteran pitchers) that is real good and not filled with your over-hype scouting reports about the player who you really had an eye for a very long time.

If its not too much to ask, wake up and do something, do something, do something!!!!

Colon's not coming here anyways, so no use in worrying about it.

Probably true but all this trade talk is fun, so what the hell.

At first I was excited about all the trade rumors about the SOX getting Colon. But now I also dont believe we will get him or anybody else. For me, its better to feel this way than being disappointed. Besides, I can live with being wrong if KW actually got us somebody!

I wish we could have gotten Redman bcoz his numbers could end up pretty good with our offense. It would have also given us another lefty starter we surely need.

Not sure about that - as the Michigan resident who watches so many Tigers games only because I get so few Sox games on tv - I don't know. He is not bad pitcher. He equaled Ritchie in losses, but then his offensive backup was the Tigers so maybe he would have done more for us. This one is a real question. I missed that the Tigs were shopping him. Marlin paid two minor leaguers. Wonder what we might have been asked for in exchange, and would it have been more. But I am puzzled that the Tigers traded away Redman to begin with. :huh:

Not sure about that - as the Michigan resident who watches so many Tigers games only because I get so few Sox games on tv - I don't know. He is not bad pitcher. He equaled Ritchie in losses, but then his offensive backup was the Tohets so maybe he would have done more for us. This one is a real question. I missed that the Tigs were shopping him. Marlin paid two minor leaguers. Wonder what we might have been asked for in exchange, and would it have been more. But I am puzzled that the Tigers traded away Redman to begin with. :huh:

I think all of the other GM's in the game have learned to ask for more when they talk to kw, because he is notorious for over paying.