WEIRD thing you do

Be Good

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just because people swear in the middle of sentences does NOT mean they have Tourette Syndrome.  :angry: Most likely they are just ignorant and can't utilize words over 4 letters long. Does that sound familiar to you as well.... ?

Hopefully I wont be infuriating Steff by bringing myself into another argument not involving me, but I just wanted to agree with her on that statement.

If anyone has ever seen Duece Bigalo Male Gigalo (which many of you have...admit it) Rob Scheinder is a male prostitute and one of his clients is a girl with terrets. Of course she spouts off swears and insults nearly all of the time she's speaking. Many not familiar with the illness might believe everyone with terrets fits this foul mouth stereotype. I have first hand realized that is false.

When im out near 95th and Kedzie I frequently see a lady with turetts who walks her dog. Besides talking to herself loudly I can assure everyone that she doesnt put together a sentence based souly on "s***, f***, ass."

Although Im ignorant to the stages of terrets, how can someone with this condition hold a job at a theater, be good. Wouldnt it be difficult to communicate with customers?

Hopefully I wont be infuriating Steff by bringing myself into another argument not involving me, but I just wanted to agree with her on that statement.

If anyone has ever seen Duece Bigalo Male Gigalo (which many of you have...admit it)  Rob Scheinder is a male prostitute and one of his clients is a girl with terrets.  Of course she spouts off swears and insults nearly all of the time she's speaking.  Many people would believe this unless they've heard otherwise...which many havent.  I have first hand realized that is false. 

When im out near 95th and Kedzie I frequently see a lady with turetts who walks her dog.  Besides talking to herself loudly I can assure everyone that she doesnt put together a sentence based souly on "s***, f***, ass."

Although Im ignorant to the stages of terrets, how can someone with this condition hold a job at a theater, be good.  Wouldnt it be difficult to communicate with customers?

Flash.. you did not infuriate me before. I think you misunderstood what I was posting about..

Anyway...

You asked how he can work at a theater with Tourette Syndrome.. he wouldn't know. He PRETENDS like he has it.

...And just because people swear in the middle of sentences does NOT mean they have Tourette Syndrome.  :angry: Most likely they are just ignorant and can't utilize words over 4 letters long. Does that sound familiar to you as well.... ?

I complety agree about not joking about this stuff.

Although I do not agree with the swearing. It is a part of American youth now. My friends and I swear all the time, often we don't even think about it. There are times that swearing is unacceptable, but it is becoming more and more accepted.

I complety agree about not joking about this stuff.

Although I do not agree with the swearing. It is a part of American youth now. My friends and I swear all the time, often we don't even think about it. There are times that swearing is unacceptable, but it is becoming more and more accepted.

But can you utilize "big words" to have a conversation? Do you swear in conversation with adults peers or your parents..?

But can you utilize "big words" to have a conversation? Do you swear in conversation with adults peers or your parents..?

Parents, little kids, and girls I don't swear. I may slip, but it is few and far between. I don't really use big words either. I do think through most of what I say.

On the topic of big words, one of my professors make a bit of fun of me in class cause I don't have a huge vocabulary. With words like -- mortification, transcendence, unambigious, authoritarianism, and dissonance -- who would know what the guy is talkig about. I asked what dissonance means like five times last class, yet I still have no reply. When the word seductive came up, he made a smartass comment along the lines of "you know what that means don't ya." I laughed cause it was funny, but c'mon give me a break pal.

Although Im ignorant to the stages of terrets, how can someone with this condition hold a job at a theater, be good.  Wouldnt it be difficult to communicate with customers?

There's different levels of Tourette's. I have a friend that says "hut!" all the time, and has a twitch of the head. Then, there's the ones you see on the talk shows and in movies. I think it's like a lot of things - when they aren't thinking about it, it's more tamed. For instance, a person that stutters uncontrolably can sing like an opera singer without a problem.

Another thing is when I get really frustrated or really pissed off, I sometimes start talking in the 3rd person. I don't even notice it until I either think about it while I'm pissed or if I think about it after I'm pissed. I also talk to myself in the 3rd person when I bowl. But I think a lot of people do that, well, not talk to themself in the 3rd person when they bowl, but when they do something they enjoy doing, and they start messing up, they'll talk to themselves.

I talk to myself all the time when I'm hitting. Just like Krash Davis on Bull Durham.

Also, good job Steff by being the sole person to correctly spell Tourette Syndrome. Not many people do.

If anyone has ever seen Duece Bigalo Male Gigalo (which many of you have...admit it)  Rob Scheinder is a male prostitute and one of his clients is a girl with terrets.  Of course she spouts off swears and insults nearly all of the time she's speaking.  Many not familiar with the illness might believe everyone with terrets fits this foul mouth stereotype.  I have first hand realized that is false. 

When im out near 95th and Kedzie I frequently see a lady with turetts who walks her dog.  Besides talking to herself loudly I can assure everyone that she doesnt put together a sentence based souly on "s***, f***, ass."

WELL my securty guard still communcates even though he curses in sentences and Steff you need to get a hobby I do it when I joke around with friends and maybe a little at work

Whenever i go bowling and i throw a gutterball i kick the ball return really hard and  scream alot of words i shouldnt be saying in bowling alleys :lol:

I can't bowl sober. My average goes up about 50 points the drunker I get. My best game ever I was puking between frames. Man I can't wait for our next New Years Eve party :cheers :drink

Also,  good job Steff by being the sole person to correctly spell Tourette Syndrome.      Not many people do.

Thanks. Sadly, I have 2 people in my life touched by this horrible illness. It's very sad to see what they have had to deal with. Anyone who REALLY knew someone with it would NEVER joke about it.

I can't bowl sober.  My average goes up about 50 points the drunker I get.  My best game ever I was puking between frames.  Man I can't wait for our next New Years Eve party :cheers  :drink

LMAO, that's the way it is with a lot of people.

I need to try that sometime. Maybe 5 years down the road.........

............or maybe not! :o