Reflecting on Wrestling

AssHatSoxFan

anyone remember about 3-5 years ago when wrestling was at its peak with DX, the Rock, Stone Cold, the corporate ministry, the godfather and all that fun stuff even WCW and the nWo

just wanted to start this to see if anyone else has stuff to add cuz i could go on and on but instead i will just add as this goes along

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone remember about 3-5 years ago when wrestling was at its peak with DX, the Rock, Stone Cold, the corporate ministry, the godfather and all that fun stuff even WCW and the nWo

just wanted to start this to see if anyone else has stuff to add cuz i could go on and on but instead i will just add as this goes along

That was freaking classic. Rodman and Jay Leno :lol: . You had the NWO and then Wolfpack, Dgeneration X...all the good stuff.

Scott Hall was always my favorite wrestler, but he was a damn drunk or something cause he was never on. Wrestling was so funny then and you had the Godfather with "Pimpin ain't Easy".

Some of the funniest though was Stone Cold and Vinny Mac going at it.

Every once in a while I catch a few minutes of wrestling and its weird how hulk is back and that old fart Rick Flair is still around. Plus its weird how WWF and WCW are not together.

Lets not forget Jerry Lawlyer and "The Puppies" :lol:

the whole corporation and ministry then forming the corporate ministry was one of my favorities with the blood baths, the kidnapping of stephanie before she got a boo-job and just the entire spectacle of it all... i think buying out WCW has made them complacent and it wont quite reach that level again

the whole corporation and ministry then forming the corporate ministry was one of my favorities with the blood baths, the kidnapping of stephanie before she got a boo-job and just the entire spectacle of it all... i think buying out WCW has made them complacent and it wont quite reach that level again

I always thought Stephanie was kind of hot. Of course the hottest was that chick in WCW and I think her real name was Stacy Keibler, but I may be confused. I know Stacy Keibler is hot..but am unsure if she's the same girl from wrestling.

I always thought Stephanie was kind of hot.  Of course the hottest was that chick in WCW and I think her real name was Stacy Keibler, but I may be confused.  I know Stacy Keibler is hot..but am unsure if she's the same girl from wrestling.

Yeah it is. I memb when she made her debut as Berlin's (formerly Alex Wright) interpreter.

Anyone remember the Nasty Boys? My all time favorite wrestler was the Ultimo Dragon. What a bad ass.

Ultimo Dragon was pretty bad ass, but it was all about Kevin Nash and Scott Hull.

Then you had the rock talking about Pootang Pie...man that was classic. Takes me back to my days of highschool.

Ultimo Dragon was pretty bad ass, but it was all about Kevin Nash and Scott Hull. 

Then you had the rock talking about Pootang Pie...man that was classic.  Takes me back to my days of highschool.

Remember Razor Ramon and Diesel, then the fake Razor Ramon and Diesel. Chico. Haha. I always liked the cruiserweights. How about the Four Horsemen?

What was the phrase.........Lets get ready to SSSSUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK ITTTTTT!!!!! Really defined my years in Junior High. Back in the late 90's when that phrase was huge you could get a detention for doing the crotch chop.

Anyways, it isnt just that we all grew out of it but wrestling is just terrible these days. I liked having to choose between ECW,WWF, and WCW. WWF emphasized story lines........WCW old school wrestling.....ECW hardcore wrestling. When WCW and ECW collapsed its almost as if my interest in wrestling halted at that moment.

Since the classic hell in the cell match between mankind and undertaker there was a bar that was damn near impossible to top. It began to get tiring seeing how many ways someone can smash through a table. I still have many ECW and japanese wrestling tapes that I occasionally watch.

Here are some of my favorite moments from wrestling:

- Stone Cold breaking into Brian pullmans house on Monday Night Raw

- Mankind being thrown off the hell in the cell and then getting choke slammed through it.

- Born To Wired match between Terry Funk and Sabu

- Basically every match on Heatwave 99

They should make Stacy go back to her Miss Hancock gimmick she had in WCW. Wrestling only used to be really good when they had the Corporation vs DX, ahh the good ol days. My fav wrestler r Edge and Christian (his peeps!). :lol:

OK, Jas, to answer a few of your questions, seeing as I'm in the Deep South-Home of Wrasslin'.

Scott Hall was always my favorite wrestler, but he was a damn drunk or something cause he was never on.

Scott Hall was always my favorite also, along with Chris Jericho from WCW days. Hall had/has a real life drinking problem, and his wife really scorned the WCW folks for using that in an angle on TV. He was given another shot by teh WWE when Nash also returned(after WCW was bought out). Apparently he was ok for a few weeks, but then the old Scott Hall came out, and WWE terminated him. Sad to see, because he had great presence on TV.

Yeah it is. I memb when she made her debut as Berlin's (formerly Alex Wright) interpreter.

Oh Lord, you remember that retarded dance Alex Wright used to do when he came out to fight. Thats lodged in my brain unfortunately.

oh i almost forgot about mark henry and his little affair with those two old hags who then gave birth to a glove or something crazy like that

Another in the long line of Angles that the McMahons creative team came up with that was totally unnecessary.

Is Sting still in wrestling? Or Brett the Hitman?

Both retired. Once WCW was bought out by the McMahons, Hart pretty much knew he was finished as a wrestler. Due to the long standing feud between him and Vince, along with the fact that his brother Owen died doing a stunt he didn't want to do, but Vince pushed him into, it was a given that Bret was done. He went on to help create TWA/NWA, its on DirecTV all the time. Sting, AKA Steve Borden I believe, kinda just slid away after the whole nWo thing got old..

- Mankind being thrown off the hell in the cell and then getting choke slammed through it.

Agreed. Mick Foley was teh consumate performer, not blessed with a great athletic body or Cruiser-like speed, he just was an entertainer, plain and simple. One of my favorite wrestling moments was watching the WCW build Goldbergs run up to over 100 wins without a loss.

I will always love all the stupid heels, hilarious stuff. Right now my favourite heel is Christian, what a dueche bag

Heels make wrestling so much more entertaining. A few of my all-time favorites over the years. #1-Chris Jericho in the WCW....the guy was great. He used to always call Gene Okerlund 'Gene Mean', and mess everyones names up. #2-The Rock early on right after becoming a big name. His microphone skills are unmatched by any other Wrestler out there. #3-Norman Smiley-WCW, hehe, I used to love that guy watch....he was such a Turd-burglar. Funny stuff.

What was the phrase.........Lets get ready to SSSSUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK ITTTTTT!!!!!  Really defined my years in Junior High.  Back in the late 90's when that phrase was huge you could get a detention for doing the crotch chop.

Anyways, it isnt just that we all grew out of it but wrestling is just terrible these days.  I liked having to choose between ECW,WWF, and WCW.  WWF emphasized story lines........WCW old school wrestling.....ECW hardcore wrestling.  When WCW and ECW collapsed its almost as if my interest in wrestling halted at that moment. 

Since the classic hell in the cell match between mankind and undertaker there was a bar that was damn near impossible to top.  It began to get tiring seeing how many ways someone can smash through a table.  I still have many ECW and  japanese wrestling tapes that I occasionally watch.

Here are some of my favorite moments from wrestling:

- Stone Cold breaking into Brian pullmans house on Monday Night Raw

- Born To Wired match between Terry Funk and Sabu

- Basically every match on Heatwave 99

And if you ain't down with us, I got two words for you: SUCK IT!!!!!!!!!! :headbang

Any1 else remember when Kurt Angle angle slammed Mae Young durin that gimmick. Extremely funny.  :lol:

Kurt Angle was one of my favorite heels. The only wrestling match I went to was Wrestlemania at the pond. Was in the very top row...my two step brothers got tickets and I went along. Pretty damn funny.

Any1 else remember when Kurt Angle angle slammed Mae Young durin that gimmick. Extremely funny.  :lol:

I remember that.....but another event is coming back to me. Its when Mae Young showed everyone her droopy, saggy, wrinkly, delicious boobs during one of the pay per views. It might of been the same instance as the angle slam.

Wow..I completely forgot about Chyna.  What happened to her.  Did she become a professional body builder or something or did people finally discover she was a man.  I mean she had to be, damn.

Yeah, she had some muscle to her. Before she got the boob implants Chyna looked even more like a man. Though they looked ridiculous when she wore a top and there was about a foot of cleavage.