Sox screw up one car funeral...again

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

Maybe you all saw this, but the Sox managed to piss off some fans again on Saturday. These fans came out Saturday morning to buy the upper deck seats that the team put up for sale. Only problem was that the seats had already been sold to season ticket holders via the internet. Those that showed up on Saturday were offered bobble head dolls. Poor Chris from marketing had to apologize to the fans and try to explain on TV.

Now, I'm as surprised as anybody that there was such a huge demand for these seats... but it seems like the Sox once again misjudged, or rather underestimated, their fans. The Sox probably thought they'd be lucky to sell half of the seats.

If the Sox captured Osama bin Laden, somehow, someway, they'd manage to do it in a way to piss people off.

Yeah, I was thinking about going up and buying a pair, I am really glad that I didn't go. I would have been pretty pissed off too. It is kind of funny that the Sox want more casual fans to come out to the park, yet thinks like confining people to the upper deck and now this happen. Not exactly a way to build up good relations to get fans coming regularly. I wonder if the Sox realize that people don't go from buying no tickets to buying season tickets. People who build up the amount of tickets they buy over the years, eventually buy season tickets. But if you piss all over them in favor of the season ticket holders, you chase them away before they consider season tickets...

I am not sure that they were presold to seasons tickets holders on the internet. Granted I was not there but I had friends go for me for the sale to seasons tickets holders and they too got nothing. I hear there were only a small handful available and everyone, seasons tickets holders and not, were left with nothing other than wasted time. If tyhere had been a way to buy them over the internet, I would have saved my friends the waste of time of going to get seats.

I am not sure that they were presold to seasons tickets holders on the internet.  Granted I was not there but I had friends go for me for the sale to seasons tickets holders and they too got nothing.  I hear there were only a small handful available and everyone, seasons tickets holders and not, were left with nothing other than wasted time.  If tyhere had been a way to buy them over the internet, I would have saved my friends the waste of time of going to get seats.

So how did 6600 seats disappear that fast?

OK that makes a lot more sense.  I guess my next question would be how do you ruin 6100 seats???

It depends on the method the construction firm used to remove them and how they 'placed' them on the ground. I doubt they were careful removing them. I still don't understand why anyone would want one of those...but whatever makes ya happy :lol: !

The people running this probably never took this into consideration when publicizing availabilty - they probably publicized the amount being removed, not saleable seats.

The stupid bobble head broke when I got it. I got two chairs even though I wasn't a season tix holder. :D

I'm sure season ticket holders for years would be thrilled to hear that YOU, of all people, got two seats that season ticket holders were promised they'd get a crack at an hour or two before the general public.

After being turned away for seats on Saturday, a few of my buddies and I went over to talk to some of the workers accross the street. They told us that most seats were already on the way to the landfill before someone called and inquired about buying them. That is what prompted the sox to sell them, however many were already gone. They also said not to worry that since they will probably put in all new green seats in the near future, there will be plenty of seats for sale. Thanks White Sox for wasting my Saturday morning.

I am not sure that they were presold to seasons tickets holders on the internet.  Granted I was not there but I had friends go for me for the sale to seasons tickets holders and they too got nothing.  I hear there were only a small handful available and everyone, seasons tickets holders and not, were left with nothing other than wasted time.  If tyhere had been a way to buy them over the internet, I would have saved my friends the waste of time of going to get seats.

Yes, they were sold to ST holders prior to the published 11am start time. I think I got an email on Thursday about it... might have been Wednesday.

This is the text of the email - no presale or I never would have others go for me.

U.S. Cellular Field Seat Sale

Early access for season ticket holders only!

Saturday, November 22 fans have an opportunity to purchase seats being removed as part of the latest phase of ballpark renovations.

The seat sale will be held on Saturday, November 22, 2003 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at U.S. Cellular Field (333 West 35th Street). As a season ticket holder, we would like to offer you early access to this sale from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Seats will be sold from the Gate 5 ticket windows, so buyers should park in Lot B on the north side of 35th Street.

Seats will be available in as-is condition for $30 (single seat) and $50 (double seats). The seats are not mounted and may be missing an outside arm. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.

Proceeds benefit Chicago White Sox Charities.

To get all the details: www.whitesox.com

I was there, and I got nothing. It was such bulls*** that the White Sox did not even tell the fans who are non-season ticket holders that there would be some fancy presale. I was ted two damn hours to hear some stupid b**** from PR say "we're sorry" etc etc. Pathetic.

I was there, and I got nothing. It was such bulls*** that the White Sox did not even tell the fans who are non-season ticket holders that there would be some fancy presale. I was ted two damn hours to hear some stupid b**** from PR say "we're sorry" etc etc. Pathetic.

since the seasons ticket holders got screwed too, it wasn't just you.

I'd be pissed as hell if I were you - and imagine how I feel having asked others to go for me. I thought it would be an easy thing. Instead people lost their whole morning for nothng.

since the seasons ticket holders got screwed too, it wasn't just you.

I'd be pissed as hell if I were you - and imagine how I feel having asked others to go for me.  I thought it would be an easy thing. Instead people lost their whole morning for nothng.

It wasn't all bad. I drove an hour from here in Valpo to Chicago, but I spent the rest of the day in Chicago and all was well.

As a season ticket holder, we would like to offer you early access to this sale from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Seats will be sold from the Gate 5 ticket windows, so buyers should park in Lot B on the north side of 35th Street.

I know it says at gate 5, but if you called or went onto WS.Com you got them.